Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Finally a useful tool

Hi. I tried installing this gauge in FSX. I got several screens that were in German and I have no idea what to do. I did get the database in FSX built but don't see any folder where it installed the gauge so I can insert it manually in my planes panels. I see an apchart.dll in the FSX Gauges folder but no instructions at all. Does it require Net Frame 2.0 to work? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Weird, in my case the stock runways (KSEA, CYVR) are off by exactly 20 degrees in the rwy info.@Bob: make a screenshot of the installation windows in german, then use the above online translater. Unfortunately I dont remember exactly what was written there, but something very generic, like Ok, Next etc.Dirk.

>Weird, in my case the stock runways (KSEA, CYVR) are off by>exactly 20 degrees in the rwy info.>>@Bob: make a screenshot of the installation windows in german,>then use the above online translater. Unfortunately I dont>remember exactly what was written there, but something very>generic, like Ok, Next etc.>>Dirk.Hi. I did not see any translator. I did use Google and finally figured out what the German was. My problem is that it never did install anything or if it did I have no ides where it put it. Where did your folder get installed? Does it require Net Framework 2.0 to run and install? I do see the dll gauge in my Gauges folder but I don't have the installation info to install it in a panel. There is supposed to be a pdf manual. Best regards and thanks, Bob.

Bob, did it create a new shortcut Airport Chart DB Builder on the desktop? If you find it - run it. I have Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 installed.

Hi. Yes it did create a shortcut. I had already run the db builder. I see a folder in C:Program FilesMahosoftAirport Chart with the dba.dll, db.builder.exe and the pdf manual. I ran the builder again from within the folder and it created a database somewhere (not in that folder). The pdf says that when you run the installer it gives you a list of the planes in FSX and allows you to choose which ones you want the gauge installed in. I never got any such screen. These are why I hate installers. I wish he had just zipped it all up and put a good readme so we could do it all manually. It never told me where it was installing to or even thet it put a shortcut on the desktop. If I could ask you to e-mail me and send me a typical install in the panel.cfg I can go on from there. I did write to Holger but have not received any answer yet. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

It's too bad there isn't much help for it. If you are familiar with panel.cfg here is a way to install the gauge:1. Open panel.cfg in the panel subfolder for the aircraft you want the gauge installed into.2. You should see a section with window declarations:[Window Titles]window00=mainWindow01=Radiostackwindow02=APwindow03=GPSThe number of windows will vary. Use the next number in sequence (in this example 04) and type in:window04=AP chartThe text you use (AP chart) is how it will be listed in the "views->instrument panel" menu.Then scroll down through the file below the window03 section and add the new window04 section (again, the actual number will vary depending how many windows are in your panel).[Window04]size_mm=300,200position=6BACKGROUND_COLOR=10,10,10VISIBLE=0ident=10011gauge00=apchart!apchart, 0,0,300,200This will create a 300x200 size popup window in the lower left corner of your display.You should have apchart.dll in your gauges folder.That's it.If you use the 2d panel, you might want to try this:go to the end of the [Window00] section and find the last gauge entry in sequence, such as this:gauge49=Navion!GPS_Zoom, 829,401,207,141add this line:gauge50=Apc_Icon!Apc_Icon, 60,809,20,20using the appropriate gauge number (next one in sequence, in this case 50).Then unzip and place the small gauge file attached to this post in your gauges folder. This will place a 20x20 click icon on your panel. You will have to adjust the 60,809 numbers to get the icon in a convenient spot on your panel bitmap. I'm not really a panel guy so don't complain too much :)scott s..

Hi Scott. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot. Thanks for the icon too. I'll try it today. Besty regards, Bob.

Hi again Scott. I installed it and it is GREAT! THANKS!!! I appreciate the help. The icon helps too. Best regards, Bob.

All: I received the following email instruction from Holger some time ago ( April I think ) Note the tuning suggestions.Scott: Thanks for the GPS icon tip, I'll give it a whirl!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>First, search the next free WindowXX number. Check the [Window Titles] section for this. Then, insert a new line immediately after the last line in the [Window Titles] section as follows:WindowXX=Airport ChartXX is the next free number and the text right of the '=' sign appears in the Views->Panels menu.Next, go to the end of the file. Append a new section like this:[WindowXX] <-- XX same as above, Note the square bracketssize_mm=912,654position=4 <-- 4= centered on screenwindow_size=0.75 <-- change it to your needs, in case the gauge is too small/bigbackground_color=0,0,0visible=0 <-- 0= not visible at startup, 1= visibleident=10000 <-- MUST be unique and >= 10000 !!!!zorder=1update_rate=6 <-- Not greater than 6, due to frame rate impactsgauge00=apchart!APChart,0,0,912,654>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Hi. I tried installing this gauge in FSX. I got several>screens that were in German and I have no idea what to do. I>did get the database in FSX built but don't see any folder>where it installed the gauge so I can insert it manually in my>planes panels. I see an apchart.dll in the FSX Gauges folder>but no instructions at all. Does it require Net Frame 2.0 to>work? Thanks, regards, Bob.If you want the installation to add the gauges automatically to all your planes, you need to have the apchart.1 file on the same folder as the other files. After you put it there, run setup.exe again.Edit: Sorry, this answer was for your other message (19).

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi. Thanks. No I don't want the automatic program. I want to do it manually on only some select planes. Thanks to the post above I have done it and added the icon to toggle the window. Best regards, Bob.

Guest kdundon

Ok, I installed using the manual installation described above. I only get a black box with nothing in it for the gauge. The icon opens and closes but no data or anything. Is it because it is not compatable with Vista 64 bit? I like the idea of both products yet I can not get Jabx to work and the APChart shows a black screen. Ken

Yes - look like really great utilities.Can someone help me out with Airport Chart, I'm having trouble selecting a new/destination airport in flight. Could someone walk me through this?I hit the -D-> button but then can't enter an airport code after the first digit e.g. K of KSAN.Thanks!

>Yes - look like really great utilities.>>Can someone help me out with Airport Chart, I'm having trouble>selecting a new/destination airport in flight. Could someone>walk me through this?>>I hit the -D-> button but then can't enter an airport code>after the first digit e.g. K of KSAN.Use the knob to move the cursor to the next character's location... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator