Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Flight1's Mustang is coming!

You insult yourself and the community when you post your own personal financial chokepoints.It is a greater insult to 3PDs everywhere when folks like yourself attempt to influence 3PD pricing and the market itself by posting with the old "poor me" or "woe is us" mentality...I know quite a few people who really can't afford this hobby but you NEVER hear them moaning about pricing. They simply go about their business and even save until they can afford to participate.By the way, I was unimpressed with your bragging about a dollar to a homeless guy while you moan about addon prices...:-)My own brother can afford more than you and I together but he plays the old "poor me" card at every opportunity. It gets tiresome after a bit:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>Commercial developers have long held prices to the bone in>>order to accomodate low end users but the fact of the matter>>is that low end users do not make up the majority of flight>>sim enthusiast.>>>>If it were not for medium to high end users commercial>>developers would have to fold their tents. In essence the>>medium and high end users are carrying the dead weight of>>those who are too tight to pay a fair price for quality and>>complexity.>>>>Again, there is no healthy industry that relies on low end>>users only. As this cottage industry grows and becomes more>>healthy we expect to hear much less from those moaning about>>their personal finacial situations.>>>>An example: I started snow skiing and golfing on a "budget".>>As my skill level and enjoyment factor increased it was a>>natural transition to upgrade equipment and attend better>>resorts. After all it was my hobby:-)>>At no time did I ever expect to see the equipment>>manufactures/vendors or resort owners cut their prices to>suit>>my "budget">>>>The same is true when it comes to real world aviation.>Others>>here who own or rent real aircraft are taken aback at the>>"poor me" attitude displayed by many flight sim enthusiasts.>>I can say that my own path to the PPL and my monthly flying>>club membership/fuel costs have not been a picnic. >>At no time did I ever expect to see the flight club/line>guy,>>or CF1 cut their prices to suit my "budget":-)>> >>A list of all my low end addons as you have so eliquently put>it:>>Flight1 PC-12>Flight1 Cessna172>Flight1/coolsky Super 80>LDS 767>FSD Piper Saratoga>Wilco Citation X>Wilco A400M>A columbia 400 made by some company>Aussim Glassair III>GEX>ASX>FEX>UTX>Cloud9 US landclass>Scenery tech US landclass>FS genesis Mesh>Megascenery Hawaii>Megascenery SoCal>Megascenery Las Vegas>Saitek Yoke & Rudder Pedals>>>"Moaning about their personal financial situations">Again you insult me and my budget, and presume to know what my>budget is. The fact is you dont! You have quite the nack for>taking other peoples words and distorting them to suit your>needs. You also have a nack for spewing out alot over>cyberspace,and resorting to these elequent insults when one>doesnt agree with your views! (much practice I presume) The>truth is I could buy the PMDG747 anytime I want to or any>other addon in that price range. I just simply refuse to, and>to pay such a price for a single add-on is simply rediculous,>in my view, no matter what your budget!>>My copy of FSX: $50. I feel guilty, and would have gladly paid>more considering the price of some addons. Perhaps Microsoft>should start charging 3pd's for making addons for their>product? Then we will see who's moaning about their financial>situations!>>Chris>>I just fell the same way. Anything close to $50 is just ridicules

I really don't get it. I really don't.The price is what it is... either you choose to purchase, or you don't. The price is determined by many things, what does the customer think is a 'fair' price isn't part of the equation. It simply can't be.Developers aren't getting rich. Far from it.If you don't like the price of something, fine. I don't like $4 for a gallon of gas. However, that doesn't really affect the price. Nor does complaining about it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>You insult yourself and the community when you post your own>personal financial chokepoints.>>It is a greater insult to 3PDs everywhere when folks like>yourself attempt to influence 3PD pricing and the market>itself by posting with the old "poor me" or "woe is us">mentality...>>I know quite a few people who really can't afford this hobby>but you NEVER hear them moaning about pricing. They simply go>about their business and even save until they can afford to>participate.>>By the way, I was unimpressed with your bragging about a>dollar to a homeless guy while you moan about addon>prices...:-)>>My own brother can afford more than you and I together but he>plays the old "poor me" card at every opportunity. It gets>tiresome after a bit:-)>>Thanks for the info about your brother. I fail to see how thats anyones bussiness. However it is refreshing to know that your insults hold no boundries. Oh poor me I cant afford to buy this addon aircraft..boo hoo. Get real! Like I said before its not about what I can afford, but rather what I am willing to pay. Afford to participate? Whats this mean exactly? Sorry I didnt realize I was joining a club. I just thought I was buying an addon for my own personal enjoyment. FS2004 $50 -- FSX new features and enhancments over FS9$50

Hollowpoint, you insulted yourself, 3PDs, and the community with your moaning about prices. Why not give it up? The thread has gone way OT anyway:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Kinda like the moaning over microsofts free SDK's? You guys at Eaglesoft make me laugh. 1 thinks hes the embassador for the FS community and the other thinks hes a moderator. Why dont you just call yourselves a couple of glorified modders, and call it a day

>Kinda like the moaning over microsofts free SDK's? You guys>at Eaglesoft make me laugh. 1 thinks hes the embassador for>the FS community and the other thinks hes a moderator. Why>dont you just call yourselves a couple of glorified modders,>and call it a day...and you Hollowpoint, I don't share your viewpoint and from the looks of the thread neither do the majority of readers. So it is YOUR individual opinion... which you are entitled to. I am grateful to the developers out there that do respond to users questions on these forums, even when ONE individual decides it is their opportunity to brow beat them. It's not even and apples and oranges discussion to compare price point for software that sells in the millions to software that sells in hundreds and at best a thousand or two. Maybe raisins vs asian pears is a better analogy. A difference of opinion, yes but clearly neither party is going to bow to the other so rest with the fact that the agreement is to disagree and leave the personal attacks out of it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Since this thread is about to be locked .... (which it should be)... I want to say to anyone else still reading this, I look forward to the day of release of the Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang as I anticipate this to be another outstanding aircraft from an outstanding 3PD. I also look forward to the day of release of the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X (750) Version 2.0 as I anticipate this to be another outstanding aircraft from another outstanding 3PD. I am just another end user and I consider myself fortunate to flight sim until I can't flight sim no more. :-halo http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/ja...b0d1b70a6a3.jpg

WAT1460.png

>I really don't get it. I really don't.>>The price is what it is... either you choose to purchase, or>you don't. The price is determined by many things, what does>the customer think is a 'fair' price isn't part of the>equation. It simply can't be.>>Developers aren't getting rich. Far from it.>>If you don't like the price of something, fine. I don't like>$4 for a gallon of gas. However, that doesn't really affect>the price. Nor does complaining about it.Well normally I would agree but these third party developers on these forums trying to create buzz about their product which is perfectly fine. I am sure they are taking into consideration the comments they see about their products. Negative, positive complains, price what ever it is. If they are not taking the comments into consideration then they won't be in business for a long. This is not any different then any other product. The price will be high initially to maximize the profit. Then will go down eventfully when more competition appears or not enough sales. Delicate balance.

>Since this thread is about to be locked .... (which it should>be)... I want to say to anyone else still reading this, I look>forward to the day of release of the Flight 1 Cessna Citation>Mustang as I anticipate this to be another outstanding>aircraft from an outstanding 3PD. I also look forward to the>day of release of the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X (750)>Version 2.0 as I anticipate this to be another outstanding>aircraft from another outstanding 3PD. I am just another end>user and I consider myself fortunate to flight sim until I>can't flight sim no more. :-halo >>http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/ja...b0d1b70a6a3.jpgMany thanks Vince and Zane:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

HERE! HERE!As ususal, well said Bill, and in this case the used oats are IMHO coming from a dead horse.Ron, I surely hope that you do not take the following to be another "poor me attitude" statement. It is not meant that way and I am thankful and tickled to death for that with which I have been blessed (particularly from the FlightSim community both pay and freeware). As a person retired on a fixed limited income where my biggest monthly check is Social Security (but thankfully everything is paid for), I would respectfully make the following suggestion for anyone on such a limited budget (or for that matter even an unlimited one):I have a wish list for flightSim. I try to set aside a fixed amount in my budget each month for FlightSim and/or future computer needs. If it is not enough for the next item I most desire on my list, I save that amount for another month, or possibly another and another until I have enough to make the purchase. Then I start over with my eyes on the next item. This way, it doesn't make much difference how much it is, $5.00, $10.00, $30.00 or whatever, one is able to eventually buy a sack of quality oats (and yea, I confess there are always more quality sacks my appetite desires).To me personally, I admit there may be a RARE contribution or two that seem a bit high in price, and when I make that PERSONAL decision, those particular funds can be spread out over multiple other items.For sure, Eaglesoft's contributions do not fall into the former catagory and I believe are very reasonable. I don't know whether I will purchase the Mustang or not, simply because my hanger is already full of Eaglesoft Citations, but I guarantee that I have something ratholed away waiting for the release of the new Citation X 2.0 (and I bet a lot of others have too).Respectfully:RTH

Guest Nismo35

Boy, I go to Vegas for the weekend and look at all the fun I missed...:( This is basic economics (Econ 101 if you will)... Company sets what they consider a fair price looking to penetrate a very small market with a price point based on they're analysis of supply and demand in this market, projected units that will sell and a profit projection, factoring all costs involved. Then, it's up to the consumer to make their decision. What I don't understand in a thread such as this is why the same point has to be hammered home 30-40 times by the same (mostly) two people. And I'm not looking to start in with anyone here, as just an observer, seeing company representatives that make add-ons for our community constantly and continually making the same opinion, in what could be considered an insulting way, with potential customers or others that read these threads, well, it just seems like very bad business to me. Make your point, in a business fashion, even totally disagree, then move on.Personally, I'm relatively new to FSX and am amazed almost daily with what I see and learn. I've picked up several add-ons that greatly enhance this hobby (a few Megascenery, FTX, MyTraffic, SF260) and will look for more, like FTX Gold due out this week! And that's why I'm here looking for info on this release. Looks great, will I buy it? I dunno yet. I haven't seen a price anywhere...one person mentioned $90 about something, don't know if that was the Mustang, and it's not posted on the Mustang page. So we'll see. One reason I'm posting is because I have a "friend" that steals/pirates every add-on he can get his hands on. I can't express the fury if you will when he tells me, I just got FSGenesis, or MegaVegas or whatever. I could literally kill this guy, and I'm losing a friend over it. His rationale is that he races in simulations and the community supplies MANY free add-ons (cars, tracks, scenery, etc) and that FSX add-ons should be free too. Of course I say then don't use it!!!! That falls on deaf ears, as his opinion is TOTALLY different than my own. So, it all comes down to what and how we value certain things, in this case, expensive FSX add-ons. Everyone will have a different perspective. Make your point(s) and move on. I want to know about this plane, not why or why not some people will purchase it. I'll make my own decision.

RTH. Let me state again that one issue we see here is not related to any users income level but rather the "woe is us" mentality. This is displayed by those who moan and groan in an effort to force pricing down to "their" level and thereby hamper growth in the community.We understand fully that those on fixed incomes, whether retired or in school, have a tougher time participating in their hobby at a high level.There are very few times we see fixed income folks moaning about prices because those folks save or manage their finances in a mature manner.To the point...there are those in the community who attempt to manipulate other community members and 3PDs with the old moaning and groaning routine about addon pricing. At the end of the day it's rather tiresome and does not contribute to the well being of the community. THAT is what I've tried to communicate here:-)Please drop me an email at your convenience:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hey, this jet looks very promising! I like the idea of a pro and regular version!This is just the sort of jet I've been needing for FSX!Yippe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nismo35,Well said. You hit the nail on the head. ITs econ 101. The person(s) who raise the issue that addons should not be more than the price of the flight sim itself, is either mischievous or simply uneducated in the science of economics. Or both.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter