Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Flight1's Mustang is coming!

> But>in the end I hope the developers cut corners and get those fps>numbers way up. Highly controversial statement. The Mustang, by definition, will have the most advanced G1000 on the market, no doubt it is going to have some impact on performance. It will be really up to a user to turn off everything else (autogen, etc.) to the degree required to make it flyable. It will be up to a individual user to compromise between out-of-cockpit experience and in-cockpit-experience but I don't think you will find many Mustang enthusiasts here who would argue that Flight1 should dumb-down their project just to improve preformance. Those who will insist on flying with everything "maxed" may end up complaining - as usually is the case.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Hi,by "cutting corners" I did not say make the G1000 work like something out of "Toys'R'Us". Dont get me wrong, I wanna be in a cockpit that has all the systems, buttons and the little gizmos at 100% functionality. Optimized Aces code or not, if lets say; the fuselage can look pretty real made up of 60 vectors/polygons - why build it with 300 just to "get that curve right"? Opening baggage doors, wheelchocks, sun-visors, flightattendants, in-flight-tv's, functioning galley kitchens(!) etc etc. as seen on some addons just make me frustrated if they have an impact on framerate. Maybe it's me exaggerating, and I admit not having major knowledge on how to make aircrafts for FS, but.Im already keeping most of my sliders to the left, just to have that smooth flying rather than a slideshow. So I just dont hope Flight1 endulge themselves in making too much extraordinary sidefill, which I am sure they wont.And as usual I cant stand the waiting ;-)regards

>Oh boy, my little piggie for savings better go hide!>>I personally welcome a small sleek bizjet like this. I want it>to be as close to the real thing as FSX allows me to get. But>in the end I hope the developers cut corners and get those fps>numbers way up. Sometimes the urge for all the eyecandy-stuff>gets in the way of a smooth performance, especially in>combination with amounts of gauges and FMC/GPS-code. Someone>else in this thread said they'd rather fly the plane - not>look at it. I sincerely agree. If a vector supporting baggage>compartments, animated coffeecup-holders or deluxe-bumpmaps(!)>distorts PC performance, I say drop it.>>Now, what to do while waiting.... :-)>>>best regards>Scandi426>Norway>>>LOL pretty funny. But srry. I still dont feel any addon is worth the cost of a full fledged PC title! Thanks for opening the door for me to once again make that point:)regards,Chris

"I still dont feel any addon is worth the cost of a full fledged PC title! Thanks for opening the door for me to once again make that point:-)"Thanks for reminding us all of your personal feelings once again...Now can we all move on?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I don't care how much it costs, if I could finally get a>complex state of the art jet for FSX.>>I even don't care if it is an Airbus, Boeing, Cessna or>whatever, but finally please anybody give me a short haul jet>for FSX.>>:-bang >>AlexI so totally agree Alex - a very underserved segment of the add-on market. I got the Airbus/Boeing from a publisher who's name starts with a letter at the top end of the Alphabet and the product is too flawed to reliably enjoy. I am very excited for this mustang to appear.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Chris,Making any add-on for MSFS is not easy stuff. Try the SDK out sometime and see. MSFS add-ons are a cottage industry and the hand-crafting takes time. There are freeware and payware aircraft (from people like Abacus) which are in your price range.J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Well, folks...for the bizjet set, this ought to get your>blood pumping:>>A sneak peek video: http://mustang.flight1.net/ad01.html>>A dedicated website: http://mustang.flight1.net/>>There's even a place where you can sign up for updates of your>"virtual purchase", as if you were waiting for delivery of a>real Cessna Citation Mustang.>>Very cool.>>Looking great there :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André