Sign in to follow this  
Guest gmark

Setting Keyboard Shortcuts for a Few Specific Commands

In FSX, I can't seem to find options to set keyboard shortcuts to:1 - Open the GPS window2 - Open the Comm stack window3 - Set reverse thrusters on those aircraft where applicable (e.g., jets and some turbo-props)Am I missing some trick? Any tips?- David----David KohlMS Flight Sim X[/b]iMac runing WinXP Home on Boot Camp[/b]CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi1 and 2: the options are known as "Panel window X (display/hide)", where X is the number of the panel. For the GPS it's usually 3 and for Com stack it's usually 2.3: the reverse thrusters are set using the decrease throttle commands.Hope this helps,Klas

Hi.Thanks for answers 1 and 2. With respect to reverse thrusters, help me understand how this works? I'm using a CH Pro Yoke (has a throttle, prop and mixture control). When I bring the throttle to zero, say, on a Beech B200 (which is supposed to have reverse thrusters), the engines just idle. How do I set the throttles to "reverse" once I hit zero?

Guest gmark

dkohl,There are countless threads in the forums about how to set up for reverse thrusters with all types of throttles. A little searching will likely yield some in-depth answers. However, for the quick and dirty approach, you can just hold down the F2 key to invoke reverse thrust, or you can assign the F2 key to a switch (ensuring that the repeat slider is fully to the right). To release the reverse thrust, just prod the throttle forward a bit.GMark@KLUK