Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Something I do not see

I installed FSX in a new partition with Windows XP64.I copied my present FSX folder which is resided in 'F' in its entirety to the XP64 partition which is the new 'C'I modified the path in FSX.CFG and other pathes from F to CEverything, specially ALL the SCENERY is working very well with the new path implemented from F to C with the new Scenery.cfg. And of course it runs appreciably faster than XP32.Now a problem. Some of the aircrafts and some of the saved flights DO NOT RUN. FSX CRASHES period.Could this be because of the 'XP64' compatability factor?Appreciate any help. Thanks.Abe

Guest cbuchner1

If it's commercial aircraft they may rely on registry settings and other hidden copy protection mechanisms to prevent them from being copied to a different system and being used there.XP64 is essentially a different Windows system (even if it's physically on the same machine as your XP32 version) - so you may expect some troubles that can only be solved by cleanly installing those aircraft again.

If you have planes with keys you may need tto reinstall them i had to with my majestic DCH8 but i dont use 64 bit.

Guest AreCee

Hi Abe.I can't speak for all XP x64 users, but I know on my system XP x64 is working great. One thing you may notice is there are two Program Files folders, one called "Program Files (x86)", your 32bit programs. My guess is since you copied FSX "in its entirety" over to C: that there is something that was previously installed is still looking for FSX to be in the old location. As others stated, commercial ware may have copy protection installed and entries, possibly in the registry, that were not changed, and still looking for the old location. A registry key, or reg entry may be the culprit. I noticed in my C:Program Files (x86) there is a folder called:C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xthat the only thing in it is a "Fonts" folder and a shortcut to online MS support. AreCee

Thank you gentlemen for all your suggestions. I will surely try them all. My goal essentially was curiosity, experimentation and backup. Migrating fully to XP64 is under consideration, but I will just keep all other instances of FSX. There is SOOO much to learn.I definitely will post any progress, and of course any additional thoughts and suggestions are very welcome.Abe