Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Something like Active Camera for FSX?

I see aircraft available for FSX with statements that they have full cabins. Yet unless I have overlooked it (which is a strong possibility), Active Camera or any other such program provisions are not available yet for FSX for a view of these cabins. For such aircraft, how do you view the cabins?Sorry if I overlooked the obvious.Thanks:RTH

FSX comes with it's own camera system in the VC. You can move around using Ctrl Enter or Backspace to move back and forth (Z-xis), same with a Shift prefix for Up and down (Y-axis), and Ctrl-Shift for Left and right (x-axis). There are also external aircraft views similar to Walk and Follow, that allow flybys, runway views, and external wing views, for those aircraft that doesn't have a VC wing view. It can easily be modified also via a config file, as well as additional views define in the aircraft.cfg files.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest moti0nflow

How exactly can you setup a runway view? I had no idea you could do this

>I see aircraft available for FSX with statements that they>have full cabins. Yet unless I have overlooked it (which is a>strong possibility), Active Camera or any other such program>provisions are not available yet for FSX for a view of these>cabins. >>For such aircraft, how do you view the cabins?>>Sorry if I overlooked the obvious.>>Thanks:>RTHYou have the freeware EZ Walk Camera and the payware DBS Walk & Follow. Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest jshyluk

Here is a link to my review of Walk & Follow:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0408/WalkFollow/WalkFollowX.htmI wish is was a little less expensive, I sure wish it was easier to use, and I really wish it would play nicely with TrackIR, but warts and all, I use Walk & Follow to create the vast majority of my screenshots now.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

>How exactly can you setup a runway view? I had no idea you>could do thisThe default Facilities Runway view padlocks the selected runway in the VC. Personally I don't see the purpose of this view, so basically I reversed it (Although it wasn't as easy as that.) Now the view origin is the Runway and it tracks the aircraft. You can also set it not to track by changing the Track statement to Track = None. This is useful if you want to watch AI Traffic. To set this up, replace the 9th entry of the cameras.cfg file to this.{CameraDefinition.009} <<<--Change to Square BracketsTitle = Facilities RunwayGuid = {607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF28838068F}Description = This is the description of the runway view.Origin = FixedInstancedBased = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTargetCategory = ContainerTrack = TrackShowAxis = YesAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = RunwayCycleHideRadius = 7ClipMode = SpotCycleHidden=YesYou can get an idea of what you can do by looking at this video.The last 2 views are the runway view.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The video at the end says "thanks for watching".............It was a pleasure. Thanks for posting

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks for the replies folks:As I implied in my original post, it was likely that I might have overlooked the obvious. Being that I am a 2D panel man, I surely did that relative to the 3d virtual capabilities.I will peek at Freeware EZ and DBS Walk and Follow as well to see what they offer that possibly the FSX provisions do not.Especially, thanks Jeff for the extensive review.Respectfully:RTH