Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Brief totally white screen.

Everything has been working fine until,all of a sudden, when I am in 2D panel view and I switch views,close GPS. or other visual view changes in 2D mode, I first get a totally white screen for a few seconds. This is obviously not desired when on final approach and only 500 feet off the ground! Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob K.

Guest NoobPilot

Happens to me too.

Guest jshyluk

Sometimes, this is due to video driver issues, I think. First, try turning off "Tool Tips" to see if that helps. If you are using DX10, try turning that off as well. If that does not do it, you may have to change your display drivers. That's my guess.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest Nick_N

Jeff is correct... Uncheck "Show Cockpit tooltips" under the aircraft tab

Guest Nils79

Do you use ASX? What happens if you clear the weather by selecting the clear skies theme? And did you land on an add-on airport?It happened to me on my last flight and i don't think that it depends on drivers. I'm using ASX and i landed at Zurich (FSDreamteam) and clearing the weather helped me. I will make my next flight without ASX.. did you install ASX SP3?EDIT: sorry, read over "for a few seconds.". Then it could be the driver thing. In my case the whole screen was white and i only had the 2D instruments.

Guest Nick_N

You will have to ask Nvidia about that

>>>You will have to ask Nvidia about thatI would agree with you completely "if" I used beta drivers. My drivers (169.21) are approved by Microsoft -- FSX (tool tips) are approved by Microsoft -- I feel I should not be penalized for "following the rules". So now, my choice is no "tool tips" or an ATI card ??http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/ja...b0d1b70a6a3.jpg

WAT1460.png

Guest NoobPilot

My drivers are the same. The only payware I use so far is GEXnhanced, SceneryTech Landclass NA, and the F1/Coolsky MD-80.

Guest Nick_N

You dont really think that MS takes responsibility for things like this just because the driver is signed by MS, do you? :-) The issue has been around since FSX was released, day one, with Nv cardsSince a little tooltip does not pop up when I reach for a control in a real plane I just dont let it bother me But to answer your question, yes.. if its that important to you, switch to ATI and you wont have the problemYou can make a report to nvidia regardless of driver revision or type.. but for that issue you will be standing in line because there are far worse issues they have not even touched yet, and probably wont

...err.., i have an ATI card and i have this problem since the beginning of FSX. White screen for a couple of seconds when i change instrumentpanel, like radios or GPS etc.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Guest Nils79

You can test with windowed/fullscreen mode and AA forced by nhancer/or application controlled.

Guest Nick_N

none of the newer ATI cards I tested displayed that behaviorI never did run the sim on anything older than the DX10 variantsAnything is possible however many of the issues seen with nvidia cards I did not see with the ATI cards.. the down side with ATI was the performance in heavy weather and with large amounts of autogen under high AA

>Do you use ASX? What happens if you clear the weather by>selecting the clear skies theme? And did you land on an add-on>airport?>It happened to me on my last flight and i don't think that it>depends on drivers. I'm using ASX and i landed at Zurich>(FSDreamteam) and clearing the weather helped me. >I will make my next flight without ASX.. did you install ASX>SP3?>>EDIT: sorry, read over "for a few seconds.". Then it could be>the driver thing. In my case the whole screen was white and i>only had the 2D instruments.Hmmm.... My screen went totally white in VC after an hour flight (Piper Cheyenne). The external visibility went haywire then the screen went white and was unrecoverable . The only clear view was the external "plan" view. I'm using ASX SP3 and FSX Acceleration. :(

No one mentioned it, but BLOOM can cause the white screen with nVidia cards.RhettE8500, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB