Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

Cielosim Chatter!

>It's even worse than you think. From the "how it works">page:>>"In order for Live ATC to play ATC audio, you must have ATC>streams or Mp3/Wave sound files which can be downloaded freely>from many websites on the internet. After they have been>downloaded, you add them to Live ATC.">>So, let me get this straight. I have to download this audio>from the internet myself, so Cielosim Chatter can play it back>to me "from within the sim.">>Am I missing something here?Just one of the worst example of someone trying to make easy money ;-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest JIMJAM

I dont know about that.I think the entire CS 757 block scheme was the most devious.At least with this, you get ripped all at once rather than slowly over a long period of time....

Guest Teddie

>I made the mistake and bought it. I thought that the software>allows you to listen to live ATC at the airport you are>presently in. I didn't know I had to download a stream. What a>waste.I wonder if they would be willing to give you a refund for the product.

Guest bjablonka

I applied for a refund at Flight 1 - will let you know.

Guest Teddie

>I applied for a refund at Flight 1 - will let you know.Best of luck. I hope they take care of you.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Please let me know if you do not receive a refund from Flight 1 (and let us know if you did and were happy also!).Flight 1 has probably the best stated refund policy of any of the major software distributors. I haven't had to use it yet, but I am considering Flight 1 as a publisher, so I'm interested in hearing about your experience.

Guest bjablonka

Kevin, will do. So far I have not had a problem with them. I bought a lot of software from them and never asked for a refund before. I'll let you know.Bernd

Guest bjablonka

You are right, Jim. Flight 1 just processed my refund. It is nice to deal with companies like that.

I don't see this product lasting at F1 for long, they are somewhat selective who they support to keep their good name.Bruce.

Guest JIMJAM

I LOVE Simmarket and the bills to prove it BUT.....They will "and do" sell ANYTHING.If F1 drops em, SM will sell it.Buyer Beware.But its also a good thing. I personally wouldnt give you 5 cents for grass but people have the option to buy it. People buy colored air,brighter skies and cracked pavement.You just need use caution and let impulse buyers like me try it first.Just Flight is now is offering the RAF Vulcan WAY back from the early days for sale "compatable for FSX. But buried in the print on the bottom it says, Autopilot works with FSX but not sp1 or sp2.I once started a post as a joke for a programs called BUGZ.As you flew bug splatter accumulated on your windsheild.There were "poppers""runners" and "chunkies". Also with wings.I had people emailing me wanting the price and where to order it.

Guest bjablonka

I agree. I just wonder how selective they are i.e. what percentage do they actually refuse to publish.

Guest JIMJAM

Probably accept anything.All they do is get a %of the sell.There are some reviews, I know cause I tried to place a review on everything I bought. Both good and the ugly.At one time, alot of the negative reviews were simply deleted.It got so bad,alot of people,like ME, stopped wasting my time addding a review.I do not know if they still censor the reviews but I occasionally see some really ugly comments that stay. Yet some products I KNOW stink, have ZERO reviews.Still the best place is to come here and other forums. The good and bad travel quickly. As is the case with this one.

Guest bjablonka

I wish we had a site where we could vote (only one vote) on any flightsim addons and where we could see which ones are rated best/worst in each category. We would avoid a lot of bad buys.Bernd

HelloYou download streams or in other words http links.here is an example of the contents of a stream file downloaded fromLiveATC http://74.200.85.149:80/ksea_twrThe program then connects to these links and streams the audioYou then use comm2 to switch between the different ATC units that you have downloaded.Streams are saved as favorites for instance KSEA-KSFO for instant recall whenever you want to fly the route.It amazes me the people that have popped into this thread saying that they use LiveAtc streams playing through media player when they fly and then dismiss this program as rubbish.All the Guy has done is taken something these folks enjoy and added some nice functionality which integrates into the sim nicely especially if you have some Goflight radios and are bored with Radar contacts pre-recorded chatter or use VoxATC which has minimal chatter capabilitys.Still i guess for some folks, alt tabbing out of the sim to change streams in mediaplayer better than spending 19.95 to have their streamsloaded by their comm2 radio for each stage of flight.