Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

Cielosim Chatter!

Hey guys if you want realism, why not buy RADAR CONTACT?Its as real as it gets.

Dave Taylor gb.png

HelloI am using RADAR CONTACT with LiveATC chatter, i just turned off RADAR CONTACTS pre-recorded chatter and use this instead as it is live and so it is different every flight.

>It amazes me the people that have popped into this thread>saying that they use LiveAtc streams playing through media>player when they fly and then dismiss this program as>rubbish.>What me amazes is that actually someone is willing to buy this stuff...You see nowadays a lot of efforts of low quality and huge prices what in the past could be downloaded from the library here...Further this is real easy and when you do your homework a bit more no need for alt tabbing at all ;-) and that for each stage of the flight :-lolNot 1 euro cent I will spent on this kind of useless programs... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

HelloI bow to your superior knowlege, please tell me how else i can switch between http://www.liveatc.net/ audio stream files using my Goflight radios.

Guest moti0nflow

hey no offense to Radar Contact, but it doesn't come close to realism for me at least. While the ATC services feel real, the voices sound like robots. And I agree, this Cielosim Chatter is pretty silly.

Guest ARanc

Hello everyone,My name is Alex and I am the Developer of Cielosim.From the feedback that I have seen from the page I can see that many of you do not like the idea of the product. This is totally fine with me, what really gets me is when people step up and say the product is useless and of low quality and that I am trying to make "easy money". Numerous months and hours have gone into the development of this product and it really hurts to get comments like these when people haven't even used the program. I know that as a developer you are supposed to get bad criticism, but when people say you are trying to make "easy money" it takes it to another level. I understand that for some people the program may seem like a joke, but for the others it can be very useful and handy. I have had numerous customers thank me because they liked the program, so it just depends on whether its useful to you or not.I see that some people are saying that we are not allowed to sell the product because we are using www.liveatc.net's streams. This is not true, Live ATC is a stream player customized for Flight Simulator. It does not included any of www.liveatc.net's streams. It would be the same using Windows Media Player as using Live ATC, just that Live ATC is customized for FS. I have already spoken to Dave Pascoe (the owner of www.liveatc.net) and we might settle a beneficial arrangement.Regards,Alexhttp://www.cielosim.com/images/sig_alex.gif

Alex,dont take it to heart, and welcome to the club :-), as it appears you cant be anybody as a dev until you have been slated at avsim. avsim these days is filled with "nattering nabobs of negativity" as it was called in days of yore. it is clear it isnt enough for some to say they dont like something, they have to make over-the-top comments in addition. all part of the internet and community these days, unfortunately. just do your thing and do it well, as that is all you can do.Phil

Alex, well done mate for subscribing to this great hobby. People have a choice, buy it or not.You can please some of the people some of the time but,not all of the people all of the time.;);)

Dave Taylor gb.png

>avsim these days is filled with "nattering nabobs of>negativity" as it was called in days of yore.Well said, Phil! Don't forget the VVVV's* (who are often NNN's as well)...Years ago when Spiro was still in the public spotlight, my fellow students and I developed a complete "Agnewbet" of alliterations. Sadly, I don't remember most of 'em some fifty years later... :(*Verbose vendors of vaccuous verbiage

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator