Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Dreamfleet Dakota crashes FSX!

Stan-You might want to post in their forum for help.Unfortunately I am in Vista hades right now (after a routine vista automatic update I haven't been able to boot up for two weeks) so I can't really help right now.I do remember right clicking the fsx icon and changing some permissions for Vista which might help you but I don't remember exactly what I did and I don't have a 'puter right now to have a look.x(You will be able to get it working though and it will be worth it!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I bought the Dakota last week and have absolutely no problems. I'm running it in FSX SP2 on Vista. The Dakota is one of the smoothest, most professional, highest quality aircraft I have ever purchased. As Geof mentioned, check on the Dreamfleet forums and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.Don

Do you have Ultimate 32 or 64 installed ? Unfortunately the Dakota isn't 64 bit compatible (yet?).Heiko

One of the first rules of booting up a complex Aircraft in FSX is to start flight sim and locate yourself at your departure airport with a default aircraft in 2D panel view then switch to the payware plane.This initializes the systems and is when one saves the flight, many if not all payware planes have a gauge looking for an ini file and often a registry check as well , add to that a few hundred lines of code all needing to initialize at startup and sometimes things need to be located , there is a registry tool offered by flight one and most 3PD's include it somewhere, RXP has it included in the installer i believe but a visit to the DF forums will give you access to the gauges designers themselves and a solution to your set up issues may already be posted.

>Do you have Ultimate 32 or 64 installed ? Unfortunately the>Dakota isn't 64 bit compatible (yet?).>>Heiko>I'm running Vista Ultimate 32.

Guest firehawk44

I have Vista Premium 32 bit and it works great! Recommend you uninstall and reinstall making sure all remnants of the previous installation are deleted before reinstalling. It's possible your gauges were not properly entered in the FSX.cfg as trusted. Makes sure any entries in that section of the FSX.cfg are removed and it also uses the Garmin 400 series trainer so make sure that's uninstalled too before reinstalling. The Dakato will work if properly installed and there's nothing wrong with your operating system.Jim

Good advice. I will re-install. I have Vista Ultimate 32. Thanks, I'll try that tonight. I'm anxious to fly her.

Did you disable UAC?How to disable User Acct Ctrl here:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I downloaded it the first weekend it was released. Flew it several times and had no problems at all. This weekend, I tried to load it three times and each time FSX crashed to the desktop. Absolutely nothing has changed on my computer, except there have been a couple of Vista updates. I wonder if those of us having problems are using automatic updates and those not having problems have not installed the recent Vista updates. That is the only reason I can think of that would explain why it worked perfectly for awhile then suddenly crashes every time you try to load it.It's a great plane. Hope they can get it fixed soon.

I bought the Dreamfleet Dakota for FSX (Geofa seems to love the plane and its cockpit). However, whenever I try to load it from the aircraft menu within FSX, the simulator crashes and closes. Is there a file update that prevents this? I've searched and found nothing.

OT on Geof's Vista issue:How are MS proposing to fix this? Since you can't boot you also can't apply a fix unless it's in the form of a floppy or CD that your PC can boot to. Is this issue widespread? Unbelievable!Good luck with this,Bruce.

Guest firehawk44

"I wonder if those of us having problems are using automatic updates and those not having problems have not installed the recent Vista updates. That is the only reason I can think of that would explain why it worked perfectly for awhile then suddenly crashes every time you try to load it."I receive automatic updates and so far FSX has not crashed when selecting the Dakota so doubt that's the problem some are having. It loads several gauges and dll's and wonder what would happen if you deleted all the items in the "Trusted" section of FSX.cfg. Not to worry about messing things up as you will be asked again if you want to trust a dll or gauge when you load the aircraft. Perhaps it becomes corrupted on some machines. I recently deleted all the items listed in the trusted section and FSX seems to load faster. When you get your next crash loading the Dakota, try deleting the gauges in the Trusted Section and see if that fixes the problem.Jim

OK, at this point, I tried everything. Did the UAC control off and nothing happened. Then I uninstalled every remnant of the airplane and gauges twice, and the Dakota still CRASHED. Then I went again to the Dreamfleet Forum and found that others (not all, though) using Vista have crashes too.Here's what Lou Betti said in response to someone else having crashes:"At this stage we cannot replicate it. It is very difficult to provide a fix unless we can replicate it.About all we can say is that it is an issue with certain user's systems (mostly Vista, and not many at that).Keep in mind that the vast majority of customers have no problem, and if we could sit down in front of your machine we would probably be able to fix it. Sadly, we cannot". __________________Regards,Lou BettiWell....based on that comment, I have an airplane I just bought and cannot fly. Therefore, I'd like my money back. I will have to email someone to find a way to get that done. This is the FIRST time I ever had a problem with a Flight1 Dreamfleet product.

I don't own the Dakota, but I have a lot of Vista/FS experience.You can always try disabling DEP globally in Vista.Although you shouldn't have to, sometimes that can do the trick (Vista can sometimes work in mysterious ways :-) )You can always turn DEP back on if it makes no difference.It's also a good idea to turn off all non-necessary applications running in the background before you load FS.Letting the FSX.cfg file rebuild is also a good idea.Also, be sure to run "Event Viewer" in Vista; you can get more info on what's causing the crash to help you isolate the issue.Cheers,Bryan