Sign in to follow this  
Guest George M

Randomising AI traffic percentages in flightplans.txt

Does anyone know of a quick way I can randomize the activity level percentages of each AI aircraft within a flightplans.txt file? I have installed a WOAI package into FSX for American Airlines with over 600 aircraft flying a flightplan, and each flightplan has the activity level set at 1%?

That 1% means that those flights will show up if you have the airline traffic density slider set to 1% or higher. As for randomizing those percentages, maybe one of the AI utility programs available here at AVSIM will allow you to do that. Do a search in the file library for those tools.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

I cant seem to find anything at the moment in the library. I know that AITM allowed you to do this for FS9, but using it requires you to have FS9 installed, which I dont. Neither can I install it because one of my FS9 discs is faulty!

AAL is a big airline, but I sometimes use a text pad editor and go through a flight plan changing 1% to11%21%31%41%51%61%71%81%91%Any text editor which has the ability to not wrap lines of text will work. I use TextPad - www.textpad.com - i even have a macro to do that.

Sorry to get off topic here, but since your looking Reggie, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the research and work you've done and shared with the Flightsim community. I've learned an awful lot just by reading your posts here. It's to the point where even if I'm not interested in the topic of a thread, if you've posted in it, I read it. You've given me the ability to make my favorite hobby all that much better.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Hi Nick,you can import the txt file into EXCEL or the OpenOffice spreadsheet editor and use their random number generator functions to make a column of values between 1 and 99 and then re-export as .txt. Cheers, Holger

BRILLIANT!!!:))KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Textpad does seem to make it a lot easier Reggie, thanks for the tip. I have just managed to do the whole 600 aircraft in the space of only a few minutes :-)

>Hi Nick,>>you can import the txt file into EXCEL or the OpenOffice>spreadsheet editor and use their random number generator>functions to make a column of values between 1 and 99 and then>re-export as .txt. >>Cheers, Holger Will try this out as well Holger, thanks for the tip.

Nick,I would definitely go with what Holger and/or Reggie suggest. If you look in the file library under FSX utilities and order by date the first file is AI Flight Planner, if you are going to be working with AI flight plans and such you might find this useful. There's also one called AIFPC I believe. It is also available in the file library. Just thought you might find them handy :)Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Seems like I did see an AI percentage randomizer program here in the AVSIM File Libary last year. It was for FSX flight plan bgl's. You inputted the bgl and it would randomize the percentages for each flight.RhettE8500, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Nick, you might try reduceai.zip by Henning Schaefer, in the library. It's not a true randomizer, but will automatically group flights by whatever interval size you specify, steps of 1%, 5%, 10%, etc.It will not work with default FSX flightplans, or those converted to FSX format. But FS9 formatted flightplans, like WoAI, can be first "randomized", then converted to FSX if desired (or used without conversion).John

Guest George M

>Does anyone know of a quick way I can randomize the activity>level percentages of each AI aircraft within a flightplans.txt>file? I have installed a WOAI package into FSX for American>Airlines with over 600 aircraft flying a flightplan, and each>flightplan has the activity level set at 1%?If the flightplans.txt files are in FS9 format I have a small VBScript file that does exactly that. I'd be happy to make it available if anyone's interested.I know nothing about the FSX format, but if it's anything similar it would be easy to adapt the script.

I'm operating with 20% of FSX airline traffic plus WOAI added. Using notepad fullscreen with wordwrap off, it wasn't too difficult to enter the % for each flightplan in WOAI flightplan text files. Instead of randomizing, I set half of the flights to 19% or less and half to 21% so I get half of the flights at 20%. If an airport isn't getting enough flights, a search (find) in notepad will identify the flightplans applicable so they can be set to 19% or less. Anyway, this seems to be giving me a manageable level of AI traffic.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Ok the program you are looking for is ReduceAI found here,http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchTo save you guys the hassle I have already redone all the WOAI packs than need doing. All new packs are done already going back a while. I have excluded packs that are under 12 flight plans (small airlines) and ones that are pre "randomized" (obviously).Here is a zip with all the Aircraft, Airport & Flightplan*.txt files! Just Encode with TTOOLS AIFPC. I personally convert all the BGLs to FSX format to get back boat AI and the like. The guy at WOAI dropped a bollock for some reason when i tried to post em there so lets not invite him.http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=4dpdl09mjlx