Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

News from Australia.... FTX AU GOLD released :-)

Does anyone know a nice pub to have a beer in Brisbane?We'll meet there!Good job guys!:-beerchug

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Nice region too, with some beautiful mountains.Very similar to the AU Blue though.I made a flight yesterday from Brisbane (YBBN) to Sydney (YSSY) with one of your 767-300 livery (:--)) just before dusk, it was really gorgeous

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Pardon my ignorance :-), is it possible to have both regions enabled at the same time, i.e. can you fly from one zone into the other without having anything to do like switching zones etc. ? Also, can you leave one of the zones and fly overseas and still find the overseas scenery intact ?Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Hi Siggy,Yes you can have both regions enabled at the same time, they perfectly match.You can also fly overseas but you can encounter some scenery issues (not everywhere) because of the changes made by FTX in the Terrain.cfg file. From their forum (FAQ):"Q:Can I leave FTX Mode ON if I am flying, say in the USA? A:Yes, but you may see textures appearing differently because Orbx has removed a lot of secondary slope calls from the lookup tables. Generally, just try it and see how it appears for you. Our testing has shown most areas of the world can have FTX Mode left ON and still look the same."

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest pwheeler

I have found that you get some severe texture corruption at night, especially around the Denver area. This is to do with the way they modify the lclookup.bgl file. Also there is a rogue roof texture which you see everywhere.According to Orbx there is no other solution other than to turn FTX mode off (which requires a FSX to be shut down and restarted), so if you're flying from Austrailia to the US or elsewhere you have to stop mid-flight.Paul

Hi David,Thanks very much. This looks good then and I'll give it a try the next few days. It would be nice if FS11 could remove that last bit of switching to make the experience even more seamless.Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest pwheeler

Hi,FSWC is nearing release. We are just entering the final development testing and should hit beta very soon. Since its quite a simple program expect the beta time to be fairly short. Ashton is working as fast as possible considering we are all just doing this as a hobby.I'll post on this forum as soon as I have more news.Paul

Guest pwheeler

Just had a message from John Venema from Orbx. Apparently they are going to look at making the custom FTX files a little less aggressive so that they sit better with other addons. This is great news as it will mean they will no longer need the FTX mode switch.They are also going to fix the funny roof texture that appears around the world with FTX mode on.Paul