Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wingnutt

Capsim C-130 autopilot WILL NOT WORK!

Guest Teddie

I think I read somewhere where there is some "fine print" or something dealing with that plane that says it is compatible with FSX but the AP doesn't work for it...I'm sure I read that somewhere, but now that I think of it, I'm not sure what plane it was about. Perhaps it is this one?

I fly the plane with GPS navigation all the time and I haven't a clue how the actually modelled auto pilot is supposed to work. :) I assume it is a compromise/simplification between the real one and the FSX default.Set Heading to runway prior to take off. 2. Take off and engage heading by pressing: (on the AP) a. Power b. Engage c. Track3. Once the AP is tracking, I set an intercept course for the GPS route (or follow ATC) and set the mode to GPS. It will intercept and track the GPS.Bob..

Guest JIMJAM

Last time I reloaded this plane, my computer froze up HARD and would not even reboot.I had to take out the battery to reset the bios.I was told it was a minor bug but the latest Creative Labs driver fixed it.Im scared to death to even reinstall.If someone can convince me its been fixed I will reload it and give it a try.Its not the first or last $$$$$ Ive lost to the FSX lottery.

Guest Wingnutt

nice, thanks for the info.

And just to clarify my above reply (and I don't know how you missed this if you have the manual, because it is highlighted in BOLD red and yellow on page 5 of the manual), quote:"IMPORTANT FOR PROPER SYSTEMS INITIALIZATION: MAKE SURE TO CYCLE THROUGH THE FOLLOWING C-130 VIEWS BEFORE WORKING WITH SYSTEMS...2D PANEL > VC > EXTERIOR SPOT VIEW"So, make sure your flight loads to one of the PANEL views. Then use the "W" key to cycle through ALL the panel views. THEN use the "S" key to cycle through ALL the exterior views (including the "Spot" view) and back to the Cockpit View.All systems will work then.

Rick Ryan

Guest Wingnutt

[sarcasm]yea, wow, wait, what do I do again [/sarcasm]

There's also a nice, big sticky post at the Capt Sim forum about "your" problem. It happens to other people as well, and is easily avoided if it happens to you, too.Upon loading the flight with the C-130, IMMEDIATELY (before doing anything else) cycle through the Cockpit Views (using the "W" key). It's a known "glitch" with the C-130 on some computers, but it will make the autopilot buttons work correctly.

Rick Ryan

Guest Wingnutt

im getting rather frusterated, fed up, and generally ######., at the Smiths mark 10 autopilot.ive got the entire manual here and have followed the step by step directiopns..OH WAIT! THERE ARE NO STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS!!for me, the train derails before it leaves the station, so to speak.I plot a GPS course in the "planning" start my mission, pull up the 2d panel, switch to GPS modebest I can tell from the manual.. which tells what EVERYTHING does, but not necessarily how to get it to do it. I need to turn the AP on, by pressing power..I click the AP power button, it flashes on then right back off.thats it.. there is no mention or guidance in the manual for this contingency so Im just flat dead in the water..it is worth nothing though, if i disregard the fact that the power button is OFF, and hit the engage anyway.. the AP will take control of the plane, and if i let it, and spiral it into the ground.does anyone have, or know where to find a simple step by step procedure for a flight using the AP.I.E. step 1: plot your course in flight plannerstep 2: in game, bring up the 2d autopilot control panel.step 3: etc etc etc..im really stumped, I have no problems with the "stock" FSX aircraft and their navigation, but this thing.. is just annoying..P.S. its pretty #### that you have to bring up a 2d panel.. to do ANYTHING, and that it vanishes and has to be brought up again every time you switch views..for the $$ spent.. well.. I digress.