Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Dreamfleet Dakota Feedback if you dont mind

Guest bdg52

Hi,I could not find a "Wow" or "Gotta have this one". So I was just curious if someone (maybe more than one) can provide some feedback on this models performance (FSX performance). I am interested to know how frame rate/smooth this model is. It would also help to know what your detail/slider settings are also.RegardsBG

Well for me I love it:A) because I have a nice Piper I can fly with a working (and quite realistic) Garmin GNS430. :( I've flown Cherokee's in real life, and I enjoy flying FSX planes I've flown for realC) It fills that niche between the C172 (slow) and twin BaronI use FSX with DX9 and SP2 (Acceleration), and I don't have any issues with it. The external model is equal to the default ones in terms of frame rate. The VC is a little heavier on the ole PC but that is expected, perhaps a 15% drop in FPS compared to say the C172.And there is a 30-day money back return policy if it doesn't work on your system. You can't go wrong :) Good luck!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A must have for GA enthusiasts. Dreamfleets best yet IMO, and a very good performer in FSX.

Guest bdg52

Hey Thanks AllAppreciate the quick feedback. Bob

The VC is a little>heavier on the ole PC but that is expected, perhaps a 15% drop>in FPS compared to say the C172.Thanks Ryan, was wondering as well about performance and this was what I was looking for.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

I would've liked it if it didn't CTD every time I flew it...If you have Vista 32 bit, I'd avoid it until they get a patch out.Despite its quality, the 2D virtual cockpit panel is starting to show its age. It would have been nice to have 3-D gauges. It is very good on framerate though.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Im heading already for the online shop!Currently I am flying the eastcoast visiting the US in Aerosoft's Twotter. As a becoming Piper Dakota owner I was hoping to pick it up at the "factory". Does anyone here know where that might be? Piper's administration is on Florida, I guess. But if you're a millionaire and actually bought a new one, where and what airfield would you be flying out of?best regards

Mine also CTDs too. Vista 32 as well. Haven't flown it since I bought it. I will ask for a refund and not re-buy it until they fix it.

Guest dpc

It is my default aircraft and I fly it about 80% of my time on FS. In my opinion it sets the bar for GA aircraft of it's category.

>I would've liked it if it didn't CTD every time I flew it...>>If you have Vista 32 bit, I'd avoid it until they get a patch>out.>>Despite its quality, the 2D virtual cockpit panel is starting>to show its age. It would have been nice to have 3-D gauges. >It is very good on framerate though.Pretty much agree with everything here. CTDs w/vista. I only fly in VC, and text on panel is blurry as well as everything looks flat. I hate to compare it to a default AC, but the FSX Lear has a much better looking VC. 2D panel looks nice and has different configs for widescreen moniters, no more oval gauges in 2D. Good FPS.Willy

Nice model, Don't like the panel (looks too home built with odd gauges and switches added). Would be nice to have the option of period panel to get the feel of the real thing.

Paul EGLD

Guest Shalomar

I assume not with the Reality XP guages, but is it compatible with shared cockpit?Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

Guest firehawk44

Absolutely the best produced by Dreamfleet so far! Also works great with DX10 Preview enabled. Everytime I load this aircraft I feel overwhelmed.Best regards,Jim

Guest bdg52

Well, this is not good. Since I fly from the VC, it looks like the concensus leans towards average at best. That's really too bad, because I owned a couple of Lou's models in the past and I was very happy with them. I guess the new FSX SDK is a little more time consuming to produce a high quality product. The only default plane I fly is the Maule. I am still very impressed with this model. It is great on frames, and, has a great VC in my opinion. I am curious as to how much time MS spent on this model compared to others. I also have Carenados Mooney (the latest) for FSX and although it is a little heavier on frames than the defaults (non-glass cockpit) it is all around a very good offering. The RealAir offerings, well, what can you say except it's a RealAir. I guess we just begin to compare new offerings to the ones which we enjoy the most. So, I guess I will wait.RegardsBob