Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Back on topic re: Flight1's upcoming Mustang

I'm reposting Kurt's original post in the hopes it can manage to stay on topic. The original post has turned so far from its original intent I think it should be closed."Well, folks...for the bizjet set, this ought to get your blood pumping:A sneak peek video: http://mustang.flight1.net/ad01.htmlA dedicated website: http://mustang.flight1.net/There's even a place where you can sign up for updates of your "virtual purchase", as if you were waiting for delivery of a real Cessna Citation Mustang.Very cool.Best Regards,Kurt "Yoda" KalbfleischAeroworx Test TeamSan Diego, CA"Thanks Kurt for your original posting of this really neat little jet

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest acolvard

I want this plane so bad!. I hope they make all the G1000 features work and the GPC 700 autopilot. I also hope that Flight1 incorporates the avionics in some of their other planes as well. As a real world pilot I will pay what it takes to simulate the real world the best I can. Proficiency is the name of the game. Thank you Flight1 for being a leader.

Has a price been established for the Mustang? Maybe I'm dense but I can't seem to find one. Craig

I haven't seen any exact pricing information yet, just mention of a standard and pro version and each will be priced accordingly. Considering that the really good FSX models are probably taking anywhere from 4 to 8 times as much time to develop as good FS8 models it is actually surprising that FSX aircraft are selling for what they do. This business is a labor of love and thankfully we have some real sim enthusiasts out there involved with the major sim development companies.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Considering that the really good FSX models are>probably taking anywhere from 4 to 8 times as much time to>develop as good FS8 models it is actually surprising that FSX>aircraft are selling for what they do.This interests me as well. I never bought an FS addon before FSX, but creating one seems to involve a huge amount of effort. FSX allows such a high degree of detail that in order to be competitive, developers are forced to _author_ a high degree of detail, which has to take a great deal of time.In order to stay in business, you'd have thought they'd have to be selling many more copies of their FSX addons than they were of their FS8 addons. Is this actually the case?Or are they just eating less? :)Colin

>>Considering that the really good FSX models are>>probably taking anywhere from 4 to 8 times as much time to>>develop as good FS8 models it is actually surprising that>FSX>>aircraft are selling for what they do.>>This interests me as well. I never bought an FS addon before>FSX, but creating one seems to involve a huge amount of>effort. FSX allows such a high degree of detail that in order>to be competitive, developers are forced to _author_ a high>degree of detail, which has to take a great deal of time.>>In order to stay in business, you'd have thought they'd have>to be selling many more copies of their FSX addons than they>were of their FS8 addons. Is this actually the case?>>Or are they just eating less? :)>>Colin>From what I have observed they are not selling as well. Customer demand has pushed for better quality products and it's a dice roll as to whether the product is going to sell well once published. The transition of FS2002 to FS2004 products was a cakewalk compared to FSX. What you see in development now from Flight1 wasn't even thought possible with the earlier SDK.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

And a lot of what you see doesn't even have anything to do with the SDK, because the current SDK simply does not support higher levels of development. Lots of custom code, work arounds and uncharted territory = many, many man hours.

>I want this plane so bad!. I hope they make all the G1000>features work and the GPC 700 autopilot. I also hope that>Flight1 incorporates the avionics in some of their other>planes as well. As a real world pilot I will pay what it>takes to simulate the real world the best I can. Proficiency>is the name of the game. Thank you Flight1 for being a>leader.I agree. I fly real aircrafts with the G1000. But not that often to master the G1000. I have the original garmin G1000 simulator and training videos that come with the a G1000 equipped aircraft. But thats work. :)I too would like to have a G1000 in a fun environment that would also be educational. I hope they don't have anything in there thats not in the real thing. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter