Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

What is your challenge in FSX?

Guest pakket

I love FSX, but because of a shortage of FSX jets with complex cockpits, the challenge of FSX runs dry. I realise that these products are hard to build but there is a uneasy silence for quite some time now. Is there any hope for progress in flight simulation on our desktop??. I do hope so, because i'am adicted to it. Best regards, Martijn

The jets are coming. PMDG has their MD-11 in track, and then, of course, there is the Flight1 Citation Mustang, which promises more G1000 funtionality than we've ever seen in the sim.In the meantime, FSX offers other challenges. The Aerosoft Twin Otter is astounding, and if you can land one at Lukla or Saba or St. Bart's, you can land basically anywhere.It's all in how you measure "progress".

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest fsxmissionguy

Are you trapping the 3-wire on every pass?Have you saved all the victims of Palm 90?Were you able to deliver the pulley to the top of Sugarloaf?You know, I'm amazed that aviation has reached the point where a half-decent FMC can be paired up with an ILS system to land an airplane with nary an input from the onboard "pilot." It's truly mind-boggling, but it ain't flying.You want a flight challenge, here's one:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188626.jpgThe landing in this looks easy till you get up close to it. Then you have to figure out how to take off again. Quite not boring. You can get this nail biter here:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/mo...e=viewtopic&t=3Here's a link to the video preview:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/mo...=showpage&pid=5While you're there you can download free missions by quite a few mission developers who beta their work and release full-fledged challenges all the time. That's the thing about Flight Simulator. For me, it can never get boring as long as people are continually producing new content for it. And they are!Cheers,

Guest JoeInCT

I'm with you. We need more complex (realistic) passenger jets "out of the box." While I appreciate the work the add-on developers have done, it seems they are falling short due to the complexity of the task, the ever changing platform, and the lack of incentive. It is my hope FS11 will have the option of more complex (realistic) passenger jets out of the box. Also, more missions.

Guest jshyluk

You want challenge? I recall seeing another open casting call for Staff Reviewers on the News Page. Be a reviewer, and you can be the first one to get that new PMDG jet. If you've got the chops, you'll have more product than you know what to do with. I had to buy a new hard drive because FSX plus all of the add-ons bloated out my old one. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest SkullxBones

Kurt "Yoda" KalbfleischAeroworx Test TeamSan Diego, CAHow's that B200 for FSX coming along?

Guest PPSFA

There are quite a few complex jets out now, I dont think anything can compare to Flight1's MD 80 compelxity!

>You want challenge? I recall seeing another open casting>call for Staff Reviewers on the News Page. Be a reviewer, and>you can be the first one to get that new PMDG jet. If you've>got the chops, you'll have more product than you know what to>do with. I had to buy a new hard drive because FSX plus all>of the add-ons bloated out my old one. >>Jeff Shyluk>Assistant Managing Editor>Senior Staff Reviewer>AVSIM:-lolMyself to busy with 3ds max :-rollhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest NoobPilot

I agree, although the built in manual makes things a lot easier.

Guest UlfB

Hi Martijn,Get yourself UT USA or Europe and do some VFR flying with help of road maps. Some freeware small airport add ons does help, but FSX is so beautiful when flying low and slow.Ulf B

The problem is that those complex heavy jets just don't seem to fly smoothly into large busy urban airports in FSX. At least not yet. Hard to justify $35-50 or more per plane to keep it in the hangar and wait for a hardware revolution. And it doesn't matter what my system specs are.....they're good. We're going to need a hardware development to get us out of the 10-15 FPS to 25-30 FPS smooth flight that most heavy jet jockies need for it to feel real. I have better luck in terms of smoother flight with the Orbyx / FTX sceneries in Australia, which I love, but it's still choppy. In the meantime, I agree with the other posts, the missions are fun, and GA flying is really enjoyable in FSX. In fact, that part of my flightsim existence has been revived by FSX. Looking down has never been so fun for this IFR addict with the wonderful GEX and UTX scenery enhancements. So outside of the Overland aircraft utilizing iSG avionics gauge suite, no heavy jets in FSX for me right now.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

My challenge for FSX - To someday create the most realistic scenery ever! YA!If you have a challenge in fsx that doesn't exist, why not try and make it yourself? This is what is so powerful about the sim - the ability to create your own content. Although, I can see why there are not many sophisticated add-ons for fsx. It is pretty difficult and time consuming to develop for the sim. And the rewards arn't that great. Hopefully future versions of the sim will have a very well built sdk, so the process will be a little easier and we will have much more people developing. Which in turn will bring more people to the sim!

In most areas, I get frames in the 20's as is with the PMDG 744X, and even faster with the LDS-767. The exception of course is areas like New York, and London Heathrow, but even there, I can get frames in the teens, and thats with Max Scenery, Dense Autogen, 100% Airline traffic (WOAI), and ASX weather. Once I get up in the air, my frames jump right back up in the 20's, and at cruise often in the 30's with the 744X. Here's a couple of videos demonstrating this. Could FSX be faster? Of course it can! But if you have a decent system, you can still get a decent flight experience, even with the most complex aircraft addons, of which the 744X is the most demanding currently!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My challenge in FSX since it was released, until about 2 months ago, has been to make it run reasonably well and show scenery without blurries.Now that I've managed this, I'll probably go back to where I left off in FS9 several years ago. Flying light, light sports and ultralight aircraft, navigating with little more than a map and compasss. It's fun to read pilot's stories and articles online and then re-create the same flight. Some guy had to ferry an old C152 halfway across the US, for example. Using real-time weather, that can become quite interesting.When I want to fly something more complex, I find that turboprops provide a good balance of speed, cruising altitude and STOL capability. Nothing against complex jets, but it's not the *only* thing you can fly in FSX :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest firehawk44

"I love FSX, but because of a shortage of FSX jets with complex cockpits, the challenge of FSX runs dry. I realise that these products are hard to build but there is a uneasy silence for quite some time now. Is there any hope for progress in flight simulation on our desktop??. I do hope so, because i'am adicted to it." Martijn,LOL. The Level-D 767, the PMDG 744X are pretty complex as well as the F-18 in Acceleration. If you have conquered the complexity of these three aircraft, you 'are' really good! If you really want more complex FSX jet cockpits, get the SR-71 Blackbird over at AlphaSim (http://www.alphasim.co.uk/). Try to get this aircraft up to FL850 and then successfully land it. This should feed some fuel to your "addiction" to FSX complex jet cockpits until FS11...Best regards,Jim