Sign in to follow this  

Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 released!

Yup, I agree Dave, I already got burned on the promise of forth-coming VC with the LHS MD2006, and I'm sceptical of FEX. I too find it concerning that this early-release (full-price) stuff is becoming the norm. How do we know how hard your even working on a VC, or when/if its release date will be sometime this year or within a month of FSXI? Will its quality match the rest of the pre-release package? I know DA has a decent reputation but I for one don't like this unfinished-product sales approach and non-binding promises. You don't even mention how much the final price (with the VC) will be, so we can't determine how much we're saving now, buying an unfinished product.Developers need to stop concentrating on sales tactics and concentrate on the final product itself. If its worth it, it will sell itself.No thanks, I'll wait...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Jordan, Dave,We did word it to be as up front as possible, with little chance for false promises. That is specifically why we want people to buy it on the merits of what is carefully presented.To be honest, I was a bit reluctant at first, until I realized that this is such a in-depth simulation of systems, that it had a great deal of involvement and immersion that it could hold its own even without a VC. So the presentation was made as best as possible to make sure the customer understood everything, and could not get burned. Plus you can always take advantage of our 30 day refund policy if it does not provide the value for you with what it has now.Dave, regarding the price. One problem is that this is all developed in Europe. We all know what the dollar has done. When the ATR was released, there were maybe $.40 USD difference (lower) in the cost of the Euro. We have considered looking into a system where we can charge in Euros. But in the end, it all will balance out the same when they tick the dollar option.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Fully undestand Steve that the sales page fully and easily indicates that there is no VC yet. Not a problem and for those of us that can read. You and DA have said it plain and simple, no arguements there.I am refering to the trend and the precedense (sp?) being more common these days of added features later and and reduced price if you buy now.What's next, like the TV commercials, "if you order right now and mention this ad, we'll include a second set for free!"?RONCO this community should not be...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>>You don't seem to realise that, this package is too expensive>for just a sale of a 2D cockpit with no guaruntee of a VC.>Then, to try and cajole people into buying it you state that,>the *finished* product will be more expensive to new buyers so>"buy now and get the VC free".No, they said the VC will come, it just is written wrong on the page, IMHO

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, I sincerly hope your right but I am older and wiser and do not rely on promises of the standard that they represent in todays world.I'll wait and may pay more but only IF ITS WORTH IT?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guys, so how good is this plane in FS? Good model, flight behavior, well thought-out panels, convenient views, click spots etc?Thanks.

I bought it anyway even after being burned by Leonardo and their MD-80 (almost a year and a half later and no VC in sight, pathetic). At least DA has some very nice screenshots of the VC up.

I got it, happy. Very serious stuff.

I have it as well and was going through one of the tutorials this am (No 3) I think. Am unable to move the IRS switches from Nav to Align. Am I missing something?? Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks, Craig

Thanks for the quick response. Won't be able to check it out till I get home though. CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Ulf, Thanks for the info. Just tried it and works just fine. I am now a member of the forum (DA) so I'll have to check it often. Hope there aren't to many bugs because the Project Fokker aircraft were my favs in FS9. With or without the VC although I am a big fan of VC's using Track IR. Thanks again, Craig

I've downloaded the FS X version and had no problems. No problems as I started the sim until I tried to open the Load Editor. Got the error message 429 etc. Tried all the suggested solutions from Flight 1 Forum and others to no avail. I'm waiting to see if someone has a solution for this problem. I hope it's a minor issue as the aircraft sim is truly wonderful.