Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Black Window on startup, Any Ideas?

Hi all,I recently rebuilt my XP SP2 installation and FSX.On starting FSX the splash screen would display, FSX would load and then the Free Flight Screen would display.Suddenly my startup behaviour changed to:Start FSX, splash screen will show for a couple of seconds then a black Window dislays for most of the FSX loading time then the splash screen returns for a couple of seconds followed by the Free Flight screen. The black window that appears is the same size as the Window used for FSX flying (in my case full screen). This behaviour occurs whether I saved the last flight in full screen or windowed mode. I tried a FSX.CFG rebuild with no change in behaviour.Can anybody suggest why the standard FSX opening sequence would change and how I could get the standard behaviour back? Whilst this is no show stopper its a little disconcerting to watch a full black screen window whilst FSX is loading.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>Hi all,>>I recently rebuilt my XP SP2 installation and FSX.>>On starting FSX the splash screen would display, FSX would>load and then the Free Flight Screen would display.>>Suddenly my startup behaviour changed to:>>Start FSX, splash screen will show for a couple of seconds>then a black Window dislays for most of the FSX loading time>then the splash screen returns for a couple of seconds>followed by the Free Flight screen. The black window that>appears is the same size as the Window used for FSX flying (in>my case full screen). >>This behaviour occurs whether I saved the last flight in full>screen or windowed mode. I tried a FSX.CFG rebuild with no>change in behaviour.>>Can anybody suggest why the standard FSX opening sequence>would change and how I could get the standard behaviour back?>Whilst this is no show stopper its a little disconcerting to>watch a full black screen window whilst FSX is loading.>>Could this have something to do with your last saved flight being the default loaded into FSX at startup. Maybe deleting the saved flight file will help. Just guessing here.

Thanks for the thought but I doubt it as I have saved a few different flights since it started with no change in behaviour. However, I have never tried saving a flight from the 2D cockpit view I might try that.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.