Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

Warning about ImagineSim Scenery

No hostility intended, but I still do not understand just what is being said, nor who is saying it?Who is the "they", of "If they truly said that "most airline simmers are ditching SP2 now and are going back to FSX+SP1" because they are unwilling to make their product compatible with the latest Service Pack"?what criteria makes, "then that's not just a bold statement" credible?Where is the data confirming that "most airline simmers are ditching SP2 now....."?Still sounds to me like idle speculation and some people's opinion to me (which could be true), but with no facts to back it up.Respectfully:RTH

I have no idea what problems you're having with their scenery. I have every one of their packages and I'm not having any problems with any of them. I'm running SP2 and I have turned off the aircraft shadow function. I have a huge AI environment and all my aircraft are present at the gates and in the air. I have a high-end system so maybe that helps avoidance of these types of problems.Your post was not very clear about the specific problems nor did you say anything about the system you have. Perhaps if you could specify the exact problem and provide your specs we might be able to help you.fb

Here is the bottom line. There are so many variatons of machines out there that while a procuct may work well on one machine it may perform dismally on another.If a person has a problem with a specific product whether it be payware or freeware on their machine it would seem to me that theyfirst list the problem and second list their machine specs so that someone in either the forum or the seller or deveoper of the product can work on the "fix". There are simply to many variations of hardware to assume every product will work.So my point is: If you are having any problem with FSX then pleaselist your specific machine components and there is a good chance someone will be able to help you.If you don't know what components are in your machine then don't don't waste time and expect any help. Ask for some help before badmyouthing a developer.If it's the deveopers fault then more that likley they use these forums to discover problems they may have not known they have. CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Craig, In post #16 I did just that and perhaps you are misunderstanding what this post is about. I know my issues are related to the relationship that the scenery is having with SP2, the developer has already informed me as so. What I am posting about is about the #### poor attitude that we get when a product does not work as it should, and what makes me even worse is that apparantly the developer knows about the problem and refuses to do anything about it in the form of a patch or refund. Maybe you missed this also but I also have Fly Tampa's scenery for St Maarten and dont have these problems. I did have a huge drop in FPS in certain areas of the scenery but have learned that if I turned my GLOBAL TEXTURE RESOLUTION down to HIGH all is well. Here are my problems that I am having and will also post my machine specs. Please note I have no issues whatsoever any where else. I am even able to fly into KORD or KBOS in a lear jet with 40% AI and maintain the mid teens for FPS. Everywhere else is great in my opinion.Hardware:Pentium D 805 dual Core 2.66/OC to 3.44 it has a 20x multiplyer2 gigs Kingston RamSamsung 250 gb HDGEForce 8600 GT Super Super Clocked Edition 256mb DDR3 (new beta drivers)Built in Sound Card on MOBO500 W antec PSWin XP Pro/SP2 (optimized for performance useing Nicks Guide)Defrag using O&O every 2 or 3 weeksSoftware:FSX Standard patched to SP2 (no acceleration)FDC Live CockpitGEX nHanced USA/Canada (waiting for Europe)FEXUltimate Traffic 2007 for FSXVoicePAck EditFly Tampa's St Maarten SceneryImagineSim's KCLT SceneryCoolSky's Super 80Carenado's MooneyProblems with KCLT:1) When calling ATC for taxi I can hear my plane call but nothing back from ATC. No text even shows in the ATC window but I do get the option to read back. The only way I know what runway to take off from is to turn on progressive taxi. Once at the Holding point I then have full communication again. This only happens at KCLT. This problem is very frustrating being that KCLT is a busy airport.2) Vanishing AutoGEN buildings at various locations. Change your view and they come back but only for a moment. I could live with this problem not a big deal to me.3) Invisable AI when aircraft cast shadows on ground turned on. Turn them off and the AI is back.Those are my problems. I have my slider settings all in the MID range and have scenery complexity to very dense and autogen at normal with a 1000/2500 trees building tweek.There you have it.Jim

Jim Wenham

Guest JIMJAM

All this over one addon?I bought 3 games and only got ONE to even work.Gears of War and Rainbow6 2 Vegas. $100 down the drain.Their forums are jammed with all kinds of problems.One is over 100 pages long and growing.Ubisoft does not even bother answering tech support and its all oout anarchy.One fix suggested to me, reload windows.Other have people with fixes like, boot in safe mode,run regedit,do this, do that,go into bios,bla bla bla.Just to get a stinkin game to run!I do understand your situation but if you are just out that money, consider it a lesson learn and let it be.They should have refunded you just to get avoid this mess.I have a stack of games, 1/2 work OK,some do not run most the time and some are collecting dust.I bought X-Plane 9 yesterday because of the glowing reviews and incredible screenshots.I deleted it this morning....$50 more wasted.......And YES... They do and always had a 10 minute demo before mercifully the joystick is disabled.But ####, it takes that long to figure out how to get the plane off the ground.

I don't want to hijack this thread.But I so badly wanted San Juan PR airport, I downloaded their trial version.I love the runway textures. The airport buildings although not that great (Many buildings almost close to default autogen buildings), I can live with it. The photo textures of the airport they have used is very very poor. They could have at least placed trees on the locations where there are trees on the photo scenery. They could have cleaned up the parking spaces and put autogen cars in there. Dang, they need to purchase Flight1's Instant Scenery and do it. These guys have potential. They need to put in a little bit more work to complete the job.Here is what I am talking about.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188678.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188679.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest UlfB

Manny,You would be the perfect guy to give the San Juan PR a facelift.Ulf B

>>Here is the bottom line. >>There are so many variatons of machines out there that while a>procuct may work well on one machine it may perform dismally >on another.>>If a person has a problem with a specific product whether it>be payware or freeware on their machine it would seem to me>that they>first list the problem and second list their machine specs so>that someone in either the forum or the seller or deveoper of>the product can work on the "fix". There are simply to many>variations of hardware to assume every product will work.>>So my point is: If you are having any problem with FSX then>please>list your specific machine components and there is a good>chance >someone will be able to help you.>>If you don't know what components are in your machine then>don't don't waste time and expect any help. >>Ask for some help before badmyouthing a developer.>>If it's the deveopers fault then more that likley they use>these forums to discover problems they may have not known they>have.>>>Craig>This post is directed at Craig (FTD1949) Lets talk about the bottom line as you put it. There are many of us who DO NOT condone piracy based on the hard work that others like myself do.I am addressing what you have hacked for your FS2004 KATL in this FSX forum because it directly relates to my FSX KATL here on AVSIM. On the front page of your KATL you added a Product Update on ► 18 May 2008 RWY10/28 FMC fix for FSNAV/PMDG/LVL-D (among others) pilots Regardless of wheather it was you, one of the staff, a person of interest, or someone that did it for you, my FSX KATL bgl was decompiled exposing both KATL and KLZU. Once that was done every single FSX line for line approach code that I spent months writing was extracted along with my KLZU ILS freq change and added to your update page. My KATL approach code is written for all the new Terminal Approach Procedures that are not part of FS9 or FSX based on the back timing. They tie directly into the ending of all new STAR arrivals since the release of FSX including CANUK SEVEN (RNAV) ERLIN FIVE (RNAV) FLCON THREE (RNAV) HERKO TWO (RNAV) HONIE FIVE (RNAV) LA GRANGE ONE PECHY THREE (RNAV) ROME THREE SINCA FIVE WHINZ ONE So what is my enhanced FSX code doing in your FS2004 Airport.The Product Update for your FS2004 KATL is not FS2004, it is not default FSX code but an entirly new approach code that I developed in Jan 2007 to bring FSX up to current Jeppesen charts that I subscribe to.I fingerprint all my approach code for the simple reason to keep others from hacking my bgl's and placing it into PAYWARE /Freeware airport scenery. I also add statements to the master XML's that I write which will not show if decompiled with 3rd party utilities such as the following that is in my KATL bgl Whoever is responsible for hacking my approach code is not very knowledgeable. They did not even take the time to re-sort the Elements and Attributes and copied all the same new TERMINAL_WAYPOINTS that I placed for all the various Jeppesen 2008 Transition codes. There is another small fingerprint I use which changes certain waypoints to a hex value if someone decompiles my approach code. Look at all your so called GPS receiver approach data and guess what, your lines are distorted or missing when you tried to compile my code back to a bgl. Hex code does not work very well as a waypoint name/uname tag. You would have been better off staying with the default FS2004 approach code and just stealing my RWY 10/28 ILS Transistion code instead of coping everything. >>Ask for some help before badmyouthing a developer.> I see no reason to ask for help when a developer pirates other designers work and then places their name on the bgl's that are in your Product Update.I have written and updated many airports with correct approach code in both FS9 and FSX. Some of my code goes beyond FSX and only a real world pilot flying in out of KATL for many years would know how to write the exact correct Terminal Procedure Arrivals the way I have. If you needed my code that bad then why didn't you just ask. That way I could have given you a FS2004 compatible code rather then you pirating my enhanced 2008 FSX code.

:)Hi Ulf.These are payware guys..they need to do their job. They have trees and stuff around the airport in another airport of theirs. Although I don't see parked vehicles. Kansas city. www imaginesim.com/images/kmci/kmci_01.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest UlfB

Manny,I know but your'e so good at making scenery look good by adding trees, buildings and other stuff. Your additions for MegaScenery Hawaii is excellent :-)Ulf B