Sign in to follow this  
Guest sillyeagle

ROFLMAO!

So I get this OOM in FSX, BUT, I can just move the msg out of the way and continue flying lolz!!roflz.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest sillyeagle

Nice! Hey what aircraft is that? I like that panel color. It looks very much like it was not "made in the USA". lol

Guest JIMJAM

Thats the infamous MD80 which in well known to devour ram.

yes, that add-on ran out of memory. that is why you can keep flying the app, but I suspect some systems in that add-on are now hosed.I'd save the flight before I hit the floor and started rolling. but that is just me.

yeah, well I glanced outside and noticed my acft textures went bye bye. I was just wowed by the sole fact that I could continue the flight to landing.And yeah, took me a H E double hockey sticks of a time to get this bird running in FSX, but you can get it here for 40 bucks:http://www.coolsky.no/super80/super80.htm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JIMJAM

Nothing surprises me anymore with FSX.I heard that if you run O&0 defrag,while running Spybot search and destroy and have a CTD while running FSX in dx10 preview mode,bloom on while flying the LDS 767, you will open a portal to a paralell universe.But I understand Nvidia is working on a fix

Guest NoobPilot

Heh. It's the McDonnell Douglas MD-80, from Flight1/Coolsky, and was made almost wholly in the states. I don't know why you guys are saying that it eats memory like my dad eats cake, but I found it extremely friendly on my system, even on full ACFT detail, getting upwards of 30 FPS at KJFK.

>But I understand Nvidia is working on a fix>So...what you are saying is that it is a Nvidia issue, and not a FSX issue.

>Heh. It's the McDonnell Douglas MD-80, from Flight1/Coolsky,>and was made almost wholly in the states. I don't know why>you guys are saying that it eats memory like my dad eats cake,>but I found it extremely friendly on my system, even on full>ACFT detail, getting upwards of 30 FPS at KJFK. I haven't had any problems with it either, In fact its one of the smoother running addon aircraft I have bought even on this old dinosaur machine.To the O.P. Whats your buffer pool setting?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest JIMJAM

Nvidia...NAAAAThey have a new video card every few months and new drivers every few weeks.Besides, they fixed Serious Sam 2 and are still working on af/aa issues in Barbies Beach House Adventure 3.Blurries,stutters,Low fps and menu CTDs.....Cmon bunch of whiners.Nvidia and Aces should just tell everyone.Fly IFR!!!Scenery is WAY overrated. Real men fly ZERO ZERO.And why hasn't someone come out with a program which exxagerates shift z fps readout?Call it, FPS-XInstead of spending $$$$ and time tweaking, simply enter your desire fps and presto! You got 60 fps over Klax.

Guest fsxmissionguy

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for nVidia to get that fixed.

Guest JIMJAM

"I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for nVidia to get that fixed.":-newburn Gotta have a sense of humor to be a computer gamer.Its helps to be a masochists to be a flight simmer.I want to see some more FSX funny screens.I finally got the new ASX update loaded.After I land a plane, if I pause and change planes, when I unpause the plane goes backwards about 50 mph. When you hit the brakes it does a backflip.I need to figure out how to record and show it.