Sign in to follow this  
Guest uncyden

Dreamfleet Dakota and gps 500

Guest uncyden

I have been trying to work out how to run the default FSX GPS 500 in the Dakota as a key assignment and/or installed as a 3rd party add on in the drop down stack. Has anybody done this?....cheers Dennis

Is there a big reason for not using the RXP GNS430 included in the Dakota? It's much better than the FSX GPS 500.

>I have been trying to work out how to run the default FSX GPS>500 in the Dakota as a key assignment and/or installed as a>3rd party add on in the drop down stack. Has anybody done>this?....cheers DennisIt could be done, and you could also be put in the right optional gauge space. Which may be nice as a 'map' type function.The Dakota is fairly easy to swap stuff out in within the GPS/radio areas (see my screen shot in the Dreemfleet thread below).Trying to install it on the left radio space will result in a horizontal line going through it though if replaced were the 430 is because of its depth.Just be aware though, if you run the 430 and the default 500 that you will have to have both the RXP 430 and default 500 set-up with mirrored flight plans, as they will not 'talk' to each other. In other words, and changes you make in the 430 will not be seen in the 500, and visa versa.

Guest uncyden

>Is there a big reason for not using the RXP GNS430 included>in the Dakota? It's much better than the FSX GPS 500.>>I believe the 430 is better than the 500 and I dont want to replace it. I am going through the learning process with the 430 and would like to pop up the 500 to help with nav. There is a button on the 430 which (I think) allows you to switch control between the 430 and 500.In the Dakota manual dreamfleet suggest that you can addon the 500 to the drop down stack. I've looked at Dakota panel.cfg but cant get my head around the process. I'm sure i'ts quite simple.I can't work out how to add the 500 as a key assignment as the 500 only appears as a panel window used by the 430 in the dakota. I'll keep trying.Bkeske...I couldn't find the thread you referred to....cheers Dennis

Guest DreamFleet

It's relaitvely easy to add as described in the MS SDK. It will appear in a pop-up window but, of course, not in the panel itself. Of course you could do that also, if you want to remove enough avionics to make space for it.You just need to define the necessary parameters for the panel window, and that you can get from any aircraft that has the GPS500 installed. Just copy/paste it in the panel.cfg.We finally decided to leave it out (unlike past aircraft where we did include it), as since it is an XML gauge it does not help performance, and the RXP GNS430 is essentially the real thing anyway.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest uncyden

Thanks Lou...I managed to insert the gps 500 in the spare pop up window and will use as backup until I get my head around the 430.I love the plane and have a few quick questions. Should I have a flight yoke in 2D cockpit and where is the red knob and toggle associated with cabin lights as shown in manual. Dennis