Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

Anyone excited for the RA Duke?

I am!Just wondering who was looking forward to it!http://realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=coming

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was. But now, I have given up. They (Rob) keep upgrading their other aircrafts..and they don't have time to create any new ones.I want both..but I feel new ones need to be given higher priority. JMO!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Me too. Anything RealAir produces is worth having.

I'll be interested to see the posts and experiences of other simmers. But I won't be trying to buy it on the first day.It's so hard to find good FS products with all the pre-release hype advertising threads.

Not to worry, RealAir always lives up to it.

Those Dukes are very nice looking airplanes with that nose and those winglets. Looks like a Gulftsream actually. I've actually been waiting for it for a long time and I doubt it is "Coming Soon". Want it bad though.

I'd love to see it released. I have the Royal Turbine rep flying out to Aurora next month with a PT-6 powered Duke to give a presentation at my flying club. Now if RealAir would also do that version it would really be an eye opener. Sea level to 25,000 ft in 9 minutes! Around 300 knots on 65 gph, that's a cool little hot rod alright.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I believe I am. I'll probably get excited enough, to upgrade my CPU and re-install FSX. L.Adamson

Guest Shalomar

Just the other day I was looking for a Duke thread to revive; believe it or not, there are already plenty of references to it in this forum. But you saved me the trouble of finding the right thread to respond to.I am very much looking forward to the Duke.IFR night the last two weeks on FS-MP I flew the Marchetti 22N-KBOS and 22N-KIAD just because how RealAir does cockpits lends itself so well to IFR. It's the most TrackIR friendly pit system on the market.Another thing... since RealAir builds right to the SDK it should mantain the tradition of being fully shareable.Kudos to RealAir... I have no qualms about buying from them on release day. The Marchetti was reaeased RTM and works fine in SP2. That kind of performance puts many other devs to shame.Rob, since I know you will read this thread... Till the Duke comes out I have turbocharged the Marchetti using Airwrench to get better performance at high altitude. Any advice on how turbocharging affects compression ratio? I set max manifold pressure to 35 hg and critical altitude to 10,000. I also assumed turbocharging affects horsepower so I upped it about 20.I am trying to keep it in line with the real world, don't mean to mess with perfection but I am actually using the Marchetti as a get high go far ship and I assume there are some in real life who retrofit turbochargers to that goal. Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

Hi All,Sorry to disappoint but we never rush anything. This might translate to frustration in some quarters, and I note the comment that some think we should stop upgrading and produce something new, but those who purchased the recent upgrades will probably not agree. You can't please everyone!I would take a good deep breath because the Duke is not going to appear in a short time. But we are now fully concentrating on it, now the Spit is out of the way.Best Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,Let me know if you do have any interest in the Royal Turbine. I can get you in touch with the right people there and will have an opportunity to get plenty of pics in late June when they give a presentation at my club. I do think they would take an interest in your project.Best,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Been a RealAir customer for a long time and will buy the Duke on day one, hope it is sooner than later. I too fly the SF260 on FS-MP, great flying aircraft and fun to fly.erv/KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest wurzzzz

I've got the SF260 as well and I fly it all the time on FS-MP during IFR nights because I love the panel. The smooth gauges really help for practicing approaches and the like. As a real world pilot I appreciate the hard work that has gone into the flight modeling and I'm looking forward to the same level of flight/aircraft/panel modeling in the Duke. Is there any update on the Duke Rob? Can we get some sort of figure to let us know how long till we can expect it (date, %completed, etc.)?Thanks again!