Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calb

Connecting to VATSIM without FSinn?

I hate that program, it crashes on me everytime I try to run it. Is there another way to run FSX with VATSIM? Otherwise I have to revert to FS9 *cries* with Sqwawkbox

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Until SB4 is released FSINN is the only way with FSXBill

*cries*

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Apologies for what is probably a stupid question, but are you absolutely sure you're using the right versions of FSInn and FSCopilot? You need both. The right ones are NOT linked in the download page. I think these are right:ftp://www.mcdu.com/mcdu/SetupFSCopilot17B2_4.exeftp://www.mcdu.com/mcdu/SetupFSInn13B2_3.exeA couple of people on the MCDU forum are strangely hostile to people who haven't spent 100s of hours reading previous posts. But follow the instructions here and you should be OK:http://mcdu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5003...ea8630f3f97595eIf you still have trouble, let me know: the problem is often either (i) leaving too many options ticked in the FSInn settings; or (ii) loading the FSCopilot module out of order in the DLL.XML file.Tim

Most of the trouble with FSInn revolves around FS flight plans and the flight planner (in my experience). Observe the following restrictions, and you should be relatively crash free:* Never load or create a flight plan in the main UI. Always wait until you are in free flight mode.* Don't load a saved flight from the main UI that contains a flight plan.* In free flight mode, make sure you are NOT connected to VATSIM when you load a flight plan. If you are connected, disconnect, load the flight plan and then reconnect.* Make sure your default flight does not have a flight plan.My "main UI" I mean the menu system with the cheesy music that you get when FS first loads.You'll still suffer from the occasional random crash, but by and large, this should give you a usable FSX VATSIM experience with FSInn.

Guest Calb

Tim,Those are the ones that have worked for me for hundreds of hours. The original (supposedly) FSX compatible versions, FSCopilot 1.6 and FSInn 1.2 crash every time I tried to run 'em.I have an aversion to "Betas" but I tried them anyway and they've been completely flawless in EVERY respect. I have no trouble with flight plans or any other aspect.It loaded and ran on my first attempt.My system:O/S: WinXP Pro + SP2Dual Core AMD 64X2 4600+, ASUS A8N-SLI, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7950GX2 1 GbFSX + AccelerationI hope Ryan has similar luck.Cal - CYXX