Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Question Aerosoft Lukla x

Hello,Has anybody purchased Aerosoft's Lukla x and their Twin Otter. They offer a discount if you buy the Scenerie and then the aircraft. However I can,t find any info on how much the discount amounts to.Thanks Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

HOW TO SAVE MONEY?Owners of the "Lukla X - Mount Everest" scenery have the possbility to save money when buying this item. You will be offered a special price when you insert your serial code of "Lukla X - Mount Everest" during the order process (above the Payment method). That's directly from Aerosoft's Site. No idea on amount but it will be discounted. I own both products, got no discount, and am very happy with the purchase of both products. Thet are well worth the money spent.

Thanks for the Info, I e-mailed Aerosoft and they informed me thatthe discount for the Totter is 5 euros, about $10. I will go ahead and get it, the Otter seems like a must have.Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Guest Shalomar

There is one problem with the scenery... there is a strange mountain poking thru the runway. The workaround I used was to delete the AFCAD file AF2_VNL2.BGL. Now I can fly in from Katmandu and the runway is fine, but there is no way to spawn at Lukla now in multiplayer. In free flight there is a scenario provided that puts the default Caravan on the ramp at Lukla, you can then switch aircraft/time of day etc.It's no big deal to me, I like flying to Lukla from another airport anyway. But you should be aware of it before you buy.Also, the addon corrects the position of the Lukla airport. So the new name is VLN2. This does not apear on my GPS, as I have dedleted the AFCAD. So I enter VNLK in the GPS and Lukla is about two miles further down the valley. Not a terribly big issue, as Lukla is NOT for IFR or night flying. If you spawn at VNLK after adding this scenery you will crash.I have both, the Twotter and Lukla X. The aircraft is fully compatible with Shared Cockpit, hope to see you on Multiplyer with it sometime! My username there is Shalomar too.Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

Guest ftrusky

Twotter & Lukla X, 2 of my favorites, well worth the money, great scenery. The Twotter is surprising easy on fps and it's STOL capabilities make for a lot of...fun anywhere in the world you choose to fly it. LOL

Installed Lukla X, there are a few issues which are in the FAQ but nothing major. Used the F1 441 and took it out over the valley and then up close to Mt. Everest, it was quite a show. Still have to learn how to land any plane. Will get the Twotter which is one of the dominate aircrafts that fly there, which should make landings there somewhat easier. Tried the Mooney, no go.Thanks

Helmut Berger

Guest Shalomar

The Twotter is unpressurised, and there is plenty of unpopulated rough terrain betwwen Katmandu and Lukla, the most common flight.How can you stay at 10,000 feet or lower? I came up with a flight plan that allows this, and also overflies some populated areas while coming close to alternate airports. SAR's job will be much easier if it comes to it...I was even able to fly VNKT-VNL2 with the Justflight Schweiser 300 CBI, a light piston helicopter. I stayed low at 6000 and 85 knots then for the last part climbed to 10,000 and 70 knots. I was surprised how easy it was.I deleted my VNL2 afcad file as a bug workaround, here is a plan to VNLK. VNL2, where Aerosoft puts Lukla (correctly), is about two miles down the valley.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189049.txt