Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

New RealityXP GPS

>I was wondering to which path both Ed (Eaglesoft) and Bill>(Eaglesoft) would have liked this discussion to go to. And I>thought it was only on Dreamfleet related threads...>>Well, since you are well versed in Law and EULAs, don't assume>"I get around" it, nor have such libelous statements in a>public forum.>>Perhaps you're being a bit too paranoid. I was simply wondering if you had obtained permission to access said data from MS. If so, it would also be possible for other 3PDs to do so.At times, things are really as simple as they appear. A question.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It is disturbing to see two of my favorite developers to continue this animosity towards one another. Perhaps taking these discussions to a private exchange would be more appropriate.Let it go.

>I was wondering to which path both Ed (Eaglesoft) and Bill>(Eaglesoft) would have liked this discussion to go to. And I>thought it was only on Dreamfleet related threads...>>Well, since you are well versed in Law and EULAs, don't assume>"I get around" it, nor have such libelous statements in a>public forum.>Which Ed is with Eaglesoft? Wilson?

Guest JeanLuc_

You are right, a simple email to me asking the same question would have been much better than in a discussion between customers about the new Reality XP GNS WAAS product.The most important, is that you enjoy everybit of the product and I thank you for all your kind words. This is what matters the most to me (and which makes me want to make more and better everytime!)

Guest JeanLuc_

In the end, is that all important? I've not even have the chance to meet Ed in person ever (although I've had the great pleasure to meet Bill and spent time in the cold smoking a cigarette with him a while back - since then, I've quit). Maybe with the time to meet in person, and shake hands, we would agree on many things!

Doesn't the TAWS just read the data from FS?What's the big deal?anyway, yeah that new GNS430w looks sweet!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmm, just read thru this thread and while Bill Leaming and Ed Wilson are team members at Eaglesoft Development Group I would like to reiterate what has been said by JL and others here....It would have been better had these questions been directed to JL privately and that is what I expect to happen going forward gentlemen....Meantime, back to the thread at hand. It appears that JL has done a fine job with the new Garmin Trainer integration and congratulations are in order here:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Meantime, back to the thread at hand. It appears that JL has>done a fine job with the new Garmin Trainer integration and>congratulations are in order here:-)Yes, he has Ron.Here is hoping you both keep giving us some of the best products available for FS enthusiasts.My addiction is counting on it ;)

We'll keep working at it Brian. Hope to have some exciting things ready in the not too distant future:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I hope so, I keep checking daily ;)Looking forward to all the new releases.

>>All the preview shots just show the TAWS, but I have yet to>read comments on the WAAS.The WAAS is pretty incredible.I've spent the better part of two days trying to learn about LNAV+V and LPV approaches.I just did an LPV approach into Blacksburg VA in the Eaglesoft Citation II using real world weather and as I'm descending through the overcast,the AP is controlling the lateral nav and I'm doing my best to control the vertical,the terrain is popping on the 530W yellow on both sides and red behind me.Unfortunately I broke out of the overcast about 1000 feet before touchdown and landed in VFR but it sure was fun while it lasted.It was just like an ILS approach with the glideslope indicators showing on the Sandel except this time into an uncontrolled field with no ILS available.The only downside I've found so far is that because of the way some aircraft gauges are coded the glideslope may not show.The Flight1 PC-12 is one of these.I still get the G/S on the NAV Indicator in the PC-12 but not on the EADI like during a regular ILS.Michael

Guest SkullxBones

The only glitch in this version is that apparently FSX doesn't allow it to capture the glideslope on LPV approaches, so you have to manually fly it down. Not a big deal and hopefully Jean Luc will find a way around this in upcoming versions.I flew out of Maui to Honolulu last night using a STAR and approach that had two DME arcs which it flew beautifully. It almost makes it to easy.

Guest Shalomar

I have the FSD Seneca V2 for FSX and FS9. In the Load manager are options to install the 530 and XP Weather Radar. Will this work with the new 530 model? I will gladly buy it if I can painlessly get it into one high quality aircraft.Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Sounds very interesting, ready to buy while the coupon is valid...