Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

New RealityXP GPS

If you are using FS Panel STudio, then under options select "Resolve dll discrepencies". The dll is xpgns.dll and it should open.Bob..

Or, just be tough and do it like I do....via notepad.:D

Guest PilotHeinrich

>Hi all,>>I've been looking forward for the FSX Garmin a long, long>time.>>Is the Garmin working OK in Vista? Is the use of the Garmin in>FSX still based on the Garmin Trainer? If yes, Is the Garmin>Trainer still a 16 bit program?>>Ulf BLooks like it is 32 bit now, based on their release post:"Reality XP

Just finished up installing the units in a few of my aircraft, luckily I already had retrofitted most with the Friendly Panel versions, so this was an easy swap.These are really great units, so nice to have them back better than ever in FSX.

K will do Geof. Thx.I have a general Question on WAAS Approach.I just did an approach to KSAN and I selected the RNAV 27 Vect to Final. And I saw the "LNAV+V" on the left side and I also saw the VOR needle come alive for the Lateral Navigation. However, I did not see the GS. Isn't it supposed to give me Vertical guidance too? I confess, I haven't read the manual as yet..but I did go through the WAAS video that I downloaded from Garmin site.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest hmstiger

Boy I'm happy to see this. Of all my FS9 add ons, this is one I missed the most. Now if we could get our Aeroworx King Air upgraded, life would be sweet indeed. Colin

Lou,Perhaps you can ask Mike the next time you talk to him when they are going to re-release their Jetliner Console for me? They took it off the site for a retool with no timetable for a re-release. Was saving for it but now I dont know how long I am going to have to wait. Thanks.

Eric 

Guest SkullxBones

>However, I did not see the GS. Isn't it supposed to give me>Vertical guidance too? I confess, I haven't read the manual as>yet..but I did go through the WAAS video that I downloaded>from Garmin site.I get the glideslope but I noticed I was in the LPV navigation mode, not the LNAV+V. I'm just guessing but maybe it only works in LPV mode and the airport you were landing at doesn't have LPV approaches. I really need to read the manual, but I'm having too much fun flying with it right now.

No hit whatsoever that I can see. Ran it last night in the Carenado Mooney over the British Columbia Rockie/Coastal Mountain area and it worked brilliantly, especially the terrain feature on approach at Kamloops.

Guest UlfB

>Running fine in Vista 32. 64 may still be a problem as is my>elite harware module which I recently bought... :-(>Don't know about the 16 bit vs. 32 bit the response time seems>almost exactly like the real world unit. (I don't own one but>I fly regularly as safety pilot for one who has one). Amazing>cause I know as much or more than my friend who has one as>I've practiced many more hours in the sim than he has flown>for real. (shhhhh)Geofa,Just downloaded and installed the 530. It's very good. No more 16 bit program running in the background!!! I wonder why DreamFleet Dakota for FSX had this 16 bit program running in the background? I got to many CTDs with the Dakota and went for a refund. I appreciate the refund policy of Flight1/DreamFleet. Any way, the RXP GNS530 is working well and is sure one of the top add ons for FSX :-)Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Plus the 530 fits snugly in place in the Mooney! I like the LCD effect and I can read it easily in the VC without a pop-up. They respond instantly to input changes, and provide smooth animation of flight path. The world wide terrain feature is a must for bush pilots.:) The units are superb!Bob..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188911.jpg

GEOFA:I also am getting only the box outline for the GNS530 WAAS Unit1.The GNS GMASTX seems to display with no problem.I tried moving the rxptdxp.dll file to the panel studio folder as you suggested and check marking "Resolve Gauge DLL Dependencies" as someone else suggested.I am still only getting the box outline. I put the dll in the panel studio root folder. Is there anything else I need to do in order to get the gauges to show up?The following is the FSX Eaglesoft Citation X panel as an example:My panel.cfg added the following:Window14=Reality XP GNS 530 WAAS - RXP_CONFIG_TOOL - DO NOT CHANGEWindow16=Reality XP GNS GMAGTX - RXP_CONFIG_TOOL - DO NOT CHANGEWindow17=Reality XP DropStack[Window14]window_pos=0.511719,0.000000window_size=0.488281,0.500000visible=1ident=15531gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100[Window16]window_pos=0.511719,0.587500window_size=0.488281,0.412500visible=0ident=15327gauge00=rxpGNS!GMA340,0,0,100,33.670033gauge01=rxpGNS!GTX327,0,33.670033,100,44.107744gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF,0,77.777777,50,22.222222gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP,50,77.777777,50,22.222222[Window17]position=0window_size=0.078125,0.041667visible=1ident=15000gauge00=rxpDrop!Stack,0,0,100,100Addded to the panel folder was: "RXPSTACK.INI"For FS9, I get the same additions in my panel folder, however, rather than a hollow GPS it is solid black. If I click on the GNS GMAGTX in the Dropstack XP, I get a totally black screen for about a min. and a half, then FS9 shuts down and I get the old MS box asking me if I want to send them a report.One other odd point. In FS Panel Studio, gauges shown after installation are exactly as shown in my panel.cfg:Window14=Reality XP GNS 530 WAAS - RXP_CONFIG_TOOL - DO NOT CHANGEWindow16=Reality XP GNS GMAGTX - RXP_CONFIG_TOOL - DO NOT CHANGEWindow17=Reality XP DropStackWhen I double click on Window 14, I tet the "rxpGNSIGNS530" with a name of "GNS530 which seems logicalWhen I double click on Window 16, I get two Reality XP gauges. The top one is "rxpGNSIGMA340" with a name of "GMA340" The bottom is "rxpGNSIGTX327" with a name of "GTX327".I would have thought that the "GMA340" would have been "GMA530" but am probably wrong.When I double click on Window 17, I get the "rxpDropStack" with a name of "Stack" which seems logical.Would you peek at these gauges in your panel studio and see if you have the same thing installed?I have attached three screenshots.The first is the display in the FSX Eaglesoft Citation X as it initially comes up.The second is the same thing, but with the GNS530 window unlocked.The third is a screenshot of the same bird and panel in FS9.I am running Windows XP, and SP2 in FSX. FS9 has the latest Service pack as well.My System Specs. are attached.Any help would be appreciated. I will also post this on the rxp forum as soon as I locate it.Respectfully:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21