Sign in to follow this  
Guest diajohn2

Any way to change the ATC window behavior

In FS9, the ATC window would open when an ATC message was being generated, and once the user responded, the window would automatically close. With FSX, the window won't auto close, and then when I use the key dedicated to open and close the window, sometimes it will actually interact with one of the ATC options in the window, or sometimes it will close the window. In the former situation, you have to close the window with the mouse pointer, which isn't always easy to do either. Any way to make this sucker work like FS9's ATC window? QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I wish someone would make a utility program to save the position and size of the ATC window.

I adjust the size and position of the ATC window in my default flight and it always comes back to that size. Seems to work just fine for me.Phill

If you save a flight with a certain ATC window position, it will remain in that position, so that's not the issue I'm askingh about. I'm asking about restoring the auto-close behavior in FS9 . . .Thanks for your replies, however . . .QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest diajohn2

I don't use the FSX ATC anymore now that I use Radar Contact (which is always open). I set up a button on my Yoke to open and close the window when I did use it.