Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

FSX Tools Menu

Guest fsxmissionguy

Richie,It's no problem ... I took no offense. I just wanted to give you some background so you'd feel comfortable registering there.There's lots of places on the internet that I wouldn't register, so I know how you feel.Cheers,

>I completely un-installed the SDK's and then re-installed the>original and installed the SP1A as per instructions. >>To provide more detail, I would need to know what version>you>>are attempting to end up with ... there are four possible>>versions.Rich, you missed the point...What version of FSX do you have installed?1. FSX RTM (original DVD only)2. FSX + SP13. FSX + SP24. FSX + AccelerationThe version of FSX determines which version of the SDK that you need to have installed!Since you said that FSUIPC shows up in the menu bar, it's clear that your dll.xml file is being found.
Hello I am having this same problem too I am trying what richie did and would I do the same thing? I have FSX and Acceleration. Please help me!

Guest tony_butler

Hi,I have the same problem. I have the FSX Deluxe Edition with FSX Acceleration installed. The entries for the Object Placement, Visual fx, and Traffic Toolbox Tools were already in the dll.xml file and I set the Disabled entry from True to False. I replaced the relative path to a complete path as my FSX is on a different drive to the SDK. That didn't work so I copied the three tool DLLs to a folder called FSX_Tools in the FSX folder and pointed the path at this. It still doesn't work. Before I bought FSX Acceleration I had both FSX SP1a and SP2 installed, but when I installed Acceleration I was asked to first uninstall SP2. The SDK now reflects the installation of Acceleration and includes additional information regarding Acceleration. If I try to reinstall SP2 to see if this would bring up the Tools menu on the main menu, I expect it may change the Acceleration SDK entries. As a desparate measure I tried putting the tool DLLs in the modules folder as we did with FS9, and as expected it didn't work. Has anyone got some other ideas I could try? Is it FSX Acceleration that is causing the problem?The version of TrafficToolBox.dll installed is (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023).

Hi FolksTony -Your SDK version does not match Acceleration,TrafficToolBox.dll (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023) is from the Standalone SP2 SDK.Firstly delete all those extra dll copies you'd installed to other folders,and uninstall the SP2 SDK.Install the Acceleration SDK.Please see - FS Developer - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)HTHATBPaul

Guest tony_butler
Hi FolksTony -Your SDK version does not match Acceleration,TrafficToolBox.dll (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023) is from the Standalone SP2 SDK.Firstly delete all those extra dll copies you'd installed to other folders,and uninstall the SP2 SDK.Install the Acceleration SDK.Please see - FS Developer - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)HTHATBPaul
Paul, I took your advice and re-installed the SDK from the Accelerator DVD. Although I had previously un-installed SP2 on instructions from the Accelerator installer, when I ran the SDK installer it reported that SP2 SDK was installed and it un-installed it before installing from the Accelerator DVD. The TrafficToolbox.dll is now version FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421 and it is great to report the Tools menu and the SDK tools are now accessible. Thanks for getting me to bite the bullet and attempt to re-install the SDK.Tony

I've been reading this thread as I've just reinstalled FSX sp1+sp2 on a new PC. Do I understand that I need to install the SDK SP1a first, then SDK SP2 (sdk.msi 211 MB). ? as I didn't install the SDK from the CD until after SP2.