Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

Phil Taylor Must Stay

Guest firehawk44

"some die-hard simmer will sit in front of the ACES office in Seattle, hold Phil's picture up in the air and threaten to start themselves on fire."Good one Bryan! I heard Tom Allensworth is in the air enroute right now... lol I repeat my earlier message -- "hear hear!".Jim Young

Hear !! Hear !! from South Africa too !!Please come back Mr Taylor.RegardsRobert

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Guest -BeNt-

Well while I agree the pedigree of this community is based upon the communication some of the players have, like the people who make our wonderful planes, the developers, and the general people who help out. I do disagree with everyone wanting him to communicate more with the community, for the simple reason that it sounds like someone from the main office with ACES has told him to be alittle less noticed. Don't forget the rest of the ACES team has already been fired.Now from the community, non-business standpoint I think that him as well as all the other developers, plane builders, scenery builders, and anyone else involved in making products for us should have as much participation in the community as possible. Let everyone know when they screwed up and how they are going to fix it is what build a strong business model and conviences people to trust you and continue to do business with you. So Phil, where are ya?

Guest tmilton

>Don't forget the rest of the ACES team has already been fired.>Wow. What are the sources for this information (or rather I should say, disinformation)? This is obviously not true. Please be more careful and verify your information before posting, because spreading false material like this does a disservice to the community.That's why we really need Phil to continue his important work with communicating with us. He has seen to it that rumors, misinformation, and other falsehoods get quashed, and he has always been straightforward and candid with us. Since Phil has been around, I can recall numerous occasions where he corrected misperceptions, old and new. Essentially, his quick replies nipped a number of potential rumors in the bud.That's why most of us, of which the "silent majority" is of course a part, truly value Phil and would be saddened if the lines of communication between him and the rest of the community ceased.

A big hear hear!!Although I respect any decision Phil makes regarding what he wants to do, I just want to say:I love FSX and FS9. I appreciated Phil's willingness to take the time (his own personal time) to interact with us.I am loving FSX, but I have to admit, I am also very excited about the next version too ;-) Take care Phil.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

>Don't forget the rest of the ACES team has already been fired.That is absolutely false information. I cannot imagine what you hope to gain by making rediculously untrue statements.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"for the simple reason that it sounds like someone from the main office with ACES has told him to be alittle less noticed. Don't forget the rest of the ACES team has already been fired."I find this statement to be outrageous. Please produce the evidence to back your claim, or apologize to the ACES team and all here for making such a claim without evidence.Thank you...http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Bad behavior all around against the one person in a very important position and with real power to make changes. We lost already a lot if he had already decided not to discuss or as he put it, no more dialog on any issues. His idea of FSX Content Taxonomy was an excellent one as a way to set some basic rules to guaranty better products in the latest native MSFS version. A 3rd party add-on if it is labeled and promised to work for FSX, it should do that to the latest SDK-SP# by MSFS. But f it is not, state that corrective actions/downloads will be available ASAP free of charge as in the past. Blaming a problem of a 3rd party add-on, on MSFS is neither logical nor right. FSX is transition pieces in the overall scheme of things. But I got FSX SP2 to work a better than 20FPS in my old Intel Pentium 4, 2.65 MHz and an Nvidia FX5700. I was happy since I knew I didn

Guest byoung

Let me say first, that I truely appreciate Phil and the fact that we have a sort of indirect line to Microsoft.But, Phil is just a cog in the wheel. It is not directly his fault that we have been re-purchasing patched software since Flight Simulator 98. It is time for a total re-design, re-engineer, and re-write from the bottom-up. Even with Phil and staff's expertise, they have to get re-tooled to the latest Game technology development tools. It is time to retire C++. I am really surprised the Microsoft being the "innovation" company they are, have not supported this approach.I applaud Phil and staff for what they have done given the monetary and time constraints, but it is time to give Microsoft Flight Simulator (the LONGEST RUNNING SERIES OF ANY PIECE OF SOFTWARE) its respect in bringin it up to current technology. Take a couple of extra years Microsoft shove a couple million to it (pocket change for M$), and bring it into the 21st century. It has been a Cash Cow for many many many years! Time to re-invest, Microsoft!Thanks!Barry

I am never sure if it isHear hear ORHere herePick whichever one will work Phil :D ThanksBill

Hear hear!!Most of us really appreciate your presence around this forum Phil, don't be a stranger!

Guest zzmikezz

byoung,What did you mean by "It's time to retire C++"?You also wrote "It is time for a total re-design, re-engineer, and re-write from the bottom-up." Were you unaware that this (and more) is exactly what they're doing, and that this is the principal reason for FSX development stopping with SP2?

>> Even with Phil and staff's expertise, they have to get re-tooled to the latest Game technology development tools. It is time to retire C++.Is that so?

One should really take heed of these great words of wisdom."Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln16th president of US (1809 - 1865)