Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

Phil Taylor Must Stay

Guest tmilton

Phil has demonstrated his dedication to his work and to the community that benefits from his invaluable information and his assistance. WE ALL have learned so much from his presence on these boards.If I could say something personally to Phil, that would the truth is that most of the community do appreciate all that you've done here, and we hope, I hope, that you will continue here with us, in any way that you find acceptable. There will always be a few detractors here and there, but the vast majority of us are truly thankful for all your insight and contributions.Regards,

Hear, Hear :-beerchugYour advice Phil and those whose FSX models I fly too, have made my FSX experience a very smooth and happy one. Thank you.

Guest ftrusky

It's an unfortunate situation and not the first time it's played out within the flight sim community.What I don't understand, and will never understand, is why these axe grinding, counter-productive whiners continuously complain about a product they were not forced to purchase or use. And, if they did purchase it and found it didn't meet their expectations, why didn't they take it back for a refund? Does the simplicity of this approach escape the thought processes of some?

Absolutely. Phil, the overwhelming majority of users support you and appreciate your efforts to communicate with us. If we do not defend you more often in the various fora, it is either because many of us shy away from the controversial people and their posts (we avoid them!), or because we do not want to feed trolls (ignore them and they will go away or be banned). But, this should not lead you to believe that you are alone - it is not so.Best regards.Luis

>Absolutely. Phil, the overwhelming majority of users support>you and appreciate your efforts to communicate with us. If we>do not defend you more often in the various fora, it is either>because many of us shy away from the controversial people and>their posts (we avoid them!), or because we do not want to>feed trolls (ignore them and they will go away or be banned).>But, this should not lead you to believe that you are alone ->it is not so.>>Best regards.>>LuisVery well put. Thats right on the button! Thats exactly it. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest rap777

Hi Phil!I understand your position and yet still hope that you will find a way to maintain open dialog and yet NOT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH CONSTANT ABUSE!In the meantime , thanks for all your advise and help in the past. I will keep an eye on your blog! Keep us posted about FSXI.All the best and God blessAlfred

>>Absolutely. Phil, the overwhelming majority of users support>>you and appreciate your efforts to communicate with us. If we>>do not defend you more often in the various fora, it is either>>because many of us shy away from the controversial people and>>their posts (we avoid them!), or because we do not want to>>feed trolls (ignore them and they will go away or be banned).>>But, this should not lead you to believe that you are alone->>it is not so.>>>>Best regards.>>>>Luis>>Very well put. Thats right on the button! Thats exactly it. >>Manny>Yes!!! That

Sure Phil should stay. But maybe its time to leave all the talk about FS-X, SP2 and DX-10 behind us and talk about the new train sim, Microsoft ESP and developments from those projects that will be used for FS-XI.Since the release of SP2 most posts have been about performance, SP2 features and the returning argument that hardware will improve enough to give FS-X constant frame rates even in the resource hungry area's.With no chance of further improvements there is little use in discussing these issues. FS-X SP2 is a fact, its performance is a fact and the DX10 features are a fact. None of this will change. Maybe the choice for building with future hardware in mind will be vindicated in a few months (It seems an important issue for Phil when I read his Blog and posts). But who cares? Even if Phil's predecessor made the wrong choice there is nothing we can do about it now (and we certainly can't blame Phil for this).So please keep posting Phil. Show us the interesting TrainSim and ESP stuff. Let us know what the team is doing and how this could work in a future FS. I can wait for those new posts.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Thank you, Phil. Knowing a little about real flying, and much less about computer flying, I have learned so much from you.I'm sure you will do what you need to do ... BUT ... I would Post and IGNORE and REFUSE to read and respond to anyone who does not have the decency to be respectful ... or has an agenda that is off topic. You MUST remember that there is ALWAYS a "silent majority" who, for reasons already stated in this thread, will remain "silent." Some of them are speaking up just now. Also ... there is a "majority" of us who (as one poster has already said here) have family, children, etc. ... who HAVE A LIFE beyond certain hobbies that tend toward self-focused activity. Unfortunately, you hear too often from those for whom simulation is almost "bigger than LIFE."Again, do what you need to do ... but if you still desire to go beyond the call and share your knowledge and expertise with the community at large ... just POST... then REFUSE to read and NEVER COMMENT or RESPOND to disrespectful posts, and those containing hidden agenda.And that includes any post of MINE that is out of this envelope!!Thank you again ... I hope you are not reading this over the weekend and are enjoying your family!!God bless,Steve

Phil will be back.The 'Friends of Phil Taylor Society' will soften him up or some die-hard simmer will sit in front of the ACES office in Seattle, hold Phil's picture up in the air and threaten to start themselves on fire.I wouldn't get too worked up over this.Bryan

Hear Hear! Even if I haven't said it before I do appreciate your contributions Phil. Don't let the few spoil it for the many.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I agree 100% Luis. There have been inappropriate posts that I have wanted to comment on, but felt this would just fuel the fire. You've got a lot more support and appreciation here than you know Phil. Just look at the number of reads in the threads you've particapated in versus the number of comments that should not have been posted.Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Hear Hear! Phil should stay.Most suggestions for improvement I have made have been in the spirit of improving an already good product. My suggestions for improvement always include things that are good about FSX. Your willingness to give us a peek into the thinking of ACES that got us where we are now is appreciated and helps in understanding some of the product's limitations.Thanks and keep up the dialogue.

>Absolutely. Phil, the overwhelming majority of users support>you and appreciate your efforts to communicate with us. If we>do not defend you more often in the various fora, it is either>because many of us shy away from the controversial people and>their posts (we avoid them!), or because we do not want to>feed trolls (ignore them and they will go away or be banned).>But, this should not lead you to believe that you are alone ->it is not so.>>Best regards.>>LuisOr to put it another way'Just because you have been found guilty for alleged witchcraft by a kangaroo court and sentenced to burn at the stake for the forementioned crime does not mean we believe you are guilty as we stand either chanting 'burn the witch' or in silence whilst watching you burn away into the sky!'Graham

Guest Nick_N

Keep the faith Phil!There are a lot more behind you than may appear!I think Luis made a very good point and most would prefer to not instigate things by getting involved when the slagging happens.If its your decision to cut back a bit then so be it and very understandable. Just don