Sign in to follow this  
brucets

How do I correct my aircraft appearing elongated?

Guest cliffie1931

I'd appreciate learning how to stop my aircraft appearing longer than normal. They now have an elongated, unnatural appearance.Cliff

>I'd appreciate learning how to stop my aircraft appearing>longer than normal. They now have an elongated, unnatural>appearance.>>CliffHi Cliff,Any chance of a little more information about your PC specs;e.g: Your Graphics/Card Manufacturer and driver version and maybeyour screen dimensions may help too. Are these aircraft 'Add-ons' or default?Most fellow simmers here, who are more than qualified to pointyou in the right direction, will need as much info that you can provide, in order to help you resolve your problem.

>I'd appreciate learning how to stop my aircraft appearing>longer than normal. They now have an elongated, unnatural>appearance.>>CliffWhat resolution are you using?

And your screen refresh rate is set to?? _____Hz

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest cliffie1931

I feel pretty stupid but the problem solved itself simply by rebooting the computer..........My thanks for your offer to help.Regards.............Cliff

Yeah I've seen that. you keep panning around the external model and the view angle gets less and less?Not sure what causes it, I just select another acft and it goes away.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Happens to me fairly frequently. Seems like resetting the flight or going to external view without clicking *locked Spot* can cause it. Not entirely sure. Exiting and restarting the sim cures it usually.Sometimes exiting the flight and deleting that flight plan and starting a whole new flight also cures it. Can be very frustrating.Bruce

Guest jshyluk

It also sounds to me like you are looking at the external models from an extreme level of zoom. Maybe you have accidentally engaged the zoom. Without seeing a screenshot, this is my guess. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

That used to happen to me when the sim reloaded the flight. I just hit ctrl-space once or twice and that cures it until the next time.

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

Guest Nick_N

This is something typically seen when you switch aircraft in the sim from a small to a larger scale.. OR, if you crash and the sim reloads the flight with larger scale aircraft.I noticed it with the default 747 from day one. After booting and running the default 747, if the sim relaods the flight after a crash the zoom and display is all screwed up.

Yup, that too. Resetting/reloading flight for any reason, that is. Happens with all default big jets.