Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

VJPL JeepV2.0

First released in Dec 06 simultaneously for FS9 & FSX RTM this modelhas proliferated throughout server networks and has tens of thousands of examples in need of warranty service.jp_06.jpgThe Revised model has been produced for use with FSX SP1/SP2/Accell/DX10 as a means of testing reactions to the extensive use FSX's Material pallet in the VC and on the Chassis.As a developer of payware models for a number companies i need to be sure innovations are compatible with the various service packs and Direct X 9.c & 10 that are currently in use, consequently i revamped this model as a test bed of sorts & a diversion .. truth be known i enjoy off roading and racing with my son and this model is quite challenging to drive , and requires crash detection be on or it's airborne after the first big bump in the road.. makes it easy to spot cheaters on line during cross country races.Periodic Updates with new liveries and additional Models to test new discoveries will appear on occasion and use this as the base pack , one of the first upgrades will be the sound files along with some scenery and missions designed for Backwoods Adventureshttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=122156&CatID=fsxac

It is beautiful, Chuck, thank you very much. I love it. By the way, where can I get a vanity plate like that?Best regards.Luis

You will need to download the model and grab the .dds ,its repaintable for those who might find it disconcerting .. it's a reflection of my playful nature more than anything else .. when i first pasted that together as illustration artwork for a post it drew such howls of indignation that wickedly i could not resist indulging myself further.

Nice, it wigs out at about 35 lol!you're right about the airborne thing hah!I like the paint though!jeep.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest SkullxBones

Thanks, you put a big smile on my sons face. He loves to sit on my lap and crash cars into the airplanes and buildings the sim. Thanks for the tip on crash detection, I didn't know that.Here another request, a monster truck with a huge amount of travel in the suspension.

I tried this out and it just kept crashing while sitting on level pavement before I even tried to drive it. I never did get to try it out...wouldn't stop crashing. If I turned crash detection off, it just bounced and rolled all over the tarmac spitting sparks. I'm using it with FSX SP2 in Windows XP. I was at Catalina on the tarmac. I was anxious to try it out since it looks just like the Wrangler I have IRL. :(

I am sorry to hear that and have to admit i never tried booting this up on a hard surface , just to eliminate a couple of possibilities try booting up at the 02 ranch in a default Cessna and switching to the jeep.Getting FS to treat ground Dynamics as well as it deals with aircraft is something of a comprimise , curiously i probably should reduce the prop diameter and lower the starter torque to fix that if others report this at startup

Hey Chuck,Nice looking Jeep, I used to have one just like it :->If you want to try using the built in ground vehicle simulation to drive this thing around, here's a set of "hack" steps (in the good sense of the word :-> ):Edit your FSX.CFG file, in the Main section, on the User Objects line, add GroundVehicle to the end of the list - this will let you select ground vehicles in the Select Aircraft list (if you don't mind hand editing your .FLT files to load the Jeep, you can skip this step).In the aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg file for the Jeep, change the category to GroundVehicle.In the aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg file add a DesignSpecs section with something like the following 3 lines:max_speed_mph = 108acceleration_constants = 0.3, 0.4 // effects responsiveness, max G acceldeceleration_constants = 0.2, 0.4 // effects responsiveness, max G accelLoad up the Jeep and drive it around using the Rudder controls for steering (either Rudder axis or the rudder left/right key events), throttle for speed, brakes for, well, brakes :->, etc.Tim

Thanks Tim , I will give that a try though it sounds like i cant include this in an updated aircraft.cfg without users having to edit the FS.cfg ..unless i pack it in a mission ...

Re .cfg mods , after making the entries and booting FS i was greeted with the model displayed without Wheels and buried up to its 0,0,0 I gather one needs to redo the contact points and also ensure the models 0,0,0 point is at ground level, i also surmise that active suspensions won

Tim said:"If you want to try using the built in ground vehicle simulation to drive this thing around..."How does one use the built in ground vehicle simulation? I didn't know there was one.

Road traffic , for that matter all SimObjects are models and have a .cfg , like you i never thought to use that system but i imagine landable and steerable carriers made use of it and will make a good reference for looking over its application for this and other models.