Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

Progressive Taxi Bug

Guest TonyPiech

Is there any chance that nVidia will upgrade their drivers so folks can see the progressive taxi indicators when running in DX10 Preview mode? I can only see them when viewing in the top-down mode. I've been away during tax season (In real life I'm a CPA) so I haven't doing much virtual flying from Feb. thru May. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it doesn't seem to be, unless I missed something; my 8800GTX drivers ver. 6925 are seemingly still the the same and current.

Guest firehawk44

Yes, still not fixed by ATI or Nvidia. I'm using the latest WHQL 175.16. Definitely, do not get up any hopes for a fix now or in the future. I strongly suggest you send a bug report to Nvidia though using their bug reporting system. Who knows, maybe someone will actually read it and come up with a fix.... We can only hope!!Jim

Guest TonyPiech

Thanks for the response Jim, I tried the latest nVidia drivers, the one you mentioned, 175.16 but they didn't seem to work on my rig. After loading those drivers, I started FSX, but after selecting a flight, my screen went black during the loading of the terrain and graphic textures, the hard-drive kept clicking-along, but nothing appeared on the blank-black monitor screen. Next thing that happened, the computer re-booted and I'm back to my desktop. All my other non-game programs work with the 175.16 drivers, except FSX which turns blank when loading a flight, then the computer re-boots taking me back to the desktop. I used DriverCleaner Pro when removing and installing the drivers, but my FSX doesn't seem to like them. I then went back to my old 169.25 drivers and FSX works as before, acceptable, but no progressive taxi indicators. Since that feature still remains unworkable in 169.25 and 175.16 then not much has changed.