Sign in to follow this  
Guest player1

Poor Aces? Poor Hobby? Poor Phil? Poor me?

Here is a problem for me however:Avsims terms of usage state you must register with a full name.You have not-only "paul".The terms of avsim state that I should delete you."Your user ID (Nickname) can be your choice, but you must provide your REAL FULL First and Last Name. Any accounts that do not have a real full first and last name provided will be removed. Note: Your username cannot be changed once you register, so please be careful when deciding on that. If you want to change your username, you will need to contact the forum admin to remove your account. "What should I do??? Did you not read the rules for this website?How about a poster should be ignored/removed because they don't want to play by the rules? Is there a reason you felt uncomfortable putting your full name?http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Part of a mods job is to enforce rules, correct?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Again, this takes us away from the discussion at hand and could have been handled through private discussions. Certainly the quickest way to shut down a dissenting voice is to find some infraction and whisk them away - happens all the time in the real world. If it happens here this time, so be it. I certainly haven't been offensive. Why would you even look at my profile to answer my post? I haven't looked at it in years, and I certainly don't look at others' profiles - I look at their content.So, I say to you - do what you need to do. I'll add my last name if given the opportunity, although I think it a little silly as long as you have a current email address. It's your move. I've been offensive to no one since I've been here (2005).Glad we could have this meaningful discussion without going off on silly side trails.

Guest player1

Poor Aces, Poor Phil, Poor me?What?Don

Guest player1

>Those of you complaining-I have complained too in the past.>>But when I look at my alternatives as a CONSUMER- X-plane (any>support?)FUIII -any support? the reality hits home: MS needs>us and we need MS! Cos no other flight simulation game comes>even close.>>Look -it's only a 50 quid GAME for petes sake!>>Go and vote with your credit cards or abstain when FSXI comes>around.>>But don't shoot the messenger! I dont think Phil Taylor>represents MS complaints' division either!>>>>Just my 2 penny.>>Jay>>>I guess some of you don't get it because maybe you where not here when the comunity got behind pushing MS for patches that they said would never come....missing shadows and the like, there where many that just said "stop crying" etc....The complaints continued, the patches came. Many of them only becaus many knew better than to let things rest, and Avsim? Avsim has always been the class act of all the sites, back when we still had the Compuserv FS forum with its rigidity, Avsim was a breath of fresh air. would tell it straight on the front page..."tail draggers dont work..what a joke" etc.And $50?I spent just under $5000 when FS4 first hit the shelf on the best hardware I could buy, that was just the start.There are many many souls here like me that kept pouring money and time into this. I have personaly spent just under $30K (its probably more, but off the top of my head) for sat and aerial data + the licenses to redistribute it under the FS various formats of *r8, Bmp and BGL files just to do large areas of upstate NY going back to FS5. Now keep adding to that more and more hardware as the years have gone by....Other cost of custom software designer tools made by the likes of Konstantien Kakushkin and others, the list keeps growing...digital cameras, large fire wire drives, endless nights, field trips, dead ends, PUSHING MS for Patches...hardware and more hardware. Letters, phone calls to the likes of Nvidia to help out the comunity so they could get proper driver support because MS hadn't followed even thier own API properly...yeah been there done it, Wasn't paid by MS, just a love for the the sime like so many others here. So to quote Steve Martin...Excuuuuusssseee mmmmMMMMMMMMeeEEEEEEEE! There.....sigh.....sorry. Really though, we all want a good experinace, we paid for the ticket, somethings are broke, we vent. It is however just a game and no matter there should always be respect in the end.Peace.

I am also truly sad that the price of avgas is $ 5-7 gallons an hour.Also that the price of twin engine airplane has dropped to less than a single because of this-and I burn 28 gallons an hour...Lots of sad things to talk about.How about we just accept and move on...Respect too...http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest onefeather

The term "God Complex" comes to mind

Guest player1

I get the best MPG when a drive at about 50-60, anymore and it just gets bad...how does that relate to flying?Night Geofa...PaulCheers!

21 inches and 2200 rpm gets me about 19 gallons an hour.Still when my plane is worth half what is was 4 year ago and I pay for such gas I have a little bit of a hard time getting teary eyed.Doesn't mean you are not suffering but so are others.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest player1

Yeah, but No, I was trying to make a point about how far many of us have gone in supporting our love for all things FS. Mine is small compared to many other I can assure you.Its just simple reality.I was PaulL01 here at Avsim, you can ask around...about my scenery, about pushing Nvidia, pushing MS for patches.I am probably rembered best as the helpful antagonist.Chow.

Opps! Just noticed my profile was hidden! I don't remember ever doing that. I re-enabled it, there isn't really any data in these profiles anyway, that can hurt anyone.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>But when I look at my alternatives as a CONSUMER- X-plane (any>support?)Great support. You can find it in the forums at www.x-plane.orgAfter a lot of hope, upgrading and tweaking with FS-X I gave up on it. I then started using X-Plane 8 (bought that one a long time ago). Now I upgraded to X-Plane 9. Its not compareable to FS-X. Both sims have their plusses and minusses but at the moment my virtual flight hours are spend in X-Plane...

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Ditto.Just read the thread through. I am confused as to the naive thinking by some people.There's really nothing confusing about this situation, and I can't really understand how some are able to make this so complicated re: customers, venting, Phil, ACES etc.No matter how you twist this matter, it all comes down to this:- Customers pay $$ for a product, developed by ACES.- ACES has representatives hanging around at AVSIM forums (or had)- Customers were disappointed in FSX; what it was expected to deliver, and what it ultimately delivered. Each person has their own points, which are really not even important. Bottom line: enough dissatisfaction to create that kind of atmosphere, and people are voicing their dissatisfaction. I haven't seen a lot of what some regard as "unacceptable behaviour that discourages FS enthusiasm". If there's something that discourages it, it is disappointment over FSX in general (not my personal truth though).- It is naive in my opinion to then try to separate AVSIM away from this phenomenon, as a somekind of holy entity that only transmits good vibes. Bad things don't go away simply because someone tells others to shut up. Even when masked behind a reasonable and well-mannered rule book, censorship is censorship. It is quite naive to expect the same people who feel disappointed to just happily go on with their FS hobby without any disgruntled voices in the mix.MS sells a product. They did their best, but still it didn't go quite the way everone expected. That is a fact. Now it seems as if there's a propaganda machine trying to paint the picture anew. Face the facts, take what you can out of the new platform, and then.... move forward. There's no need for any red carpets for anyone here. Situation is known, and hopefully ACES will be motivated to do their best again with the next release, and learn from something that went on with FSX. With respect,Tero

PPL(A)