Sign in to follow this  
Mace

FSX Blurries v. X-plane 9 Non- Blurries

Guest sfgiants

1- Avid MSFS for 20+ years2- New PC3- Typical fsx blurries, all tweaks you can think of etc...4- Bought x-plane 9 last week5- yes, airports are not as detailed6- imported megasceneries into x-plane7- no blurries at all with x-plane 9result: if you want to fly just to fly and mainly look outside, switch to x-plane. i believe x-plane will surpass msfs in the years to come. oh ya, the support and developers are extremely friendly and supportive.tim

meh, both sims have their ups and downs...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, but no thanks. My FSX is blurry free.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest sfgiants

ya right!do this -1) Take off from KLAX in a 737. After about 2 minutes, do a spot view and look around. Blurries. Thanks.Tim

Maybe but Xplane doesnt have the same amount of processing power required, IE, much less objects to display. Let's see a pic of xplane too. Everyone always says all this stuff about xplane being so l33t but never post any pics.So anyway, here's my two pics, with an addon acft, which doesn't perform nearly as good as the defaults, but it is pretty good. For these shots I'm using 100% WOAI traffic and all settings quite high (autogen very dense, scenery 1m), but I set the weather to fair.Yeah so I only have 8-10 FPS, but after flying towards the downtown area at 150 kts, I don't see any super duper problem areas with regards to "the blurries."laxFairwx_sf260.jpglaxFairwx_sf260_city.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest jshyluk

Considering that this is AVSIM's FSX forum, and adding that it's also provided as a public service, I would strongly encourage that this topic be kept civil! After all, it's kind of like me inviting you over for a dinner party, and all you can talk about is how good the Yankees are and how Derek Jeter is the best Yankee ever and should be the next President of the United States. I am a Mariners fan, I don't care much for the eastern ball teams, least of all those "Damned Yankees". So you can see where there might be friction. If you have facts to back up your conjectures, I say feel free to present them in a logical and respectful manner. As a reviewer, I am certainly curious to see a good comparison between flight sims. As a reader, I would not want to read a review that went, "product X is L33T!!1!, produxt Y SUXX0RZZZZ!!!1!", because I can see that the reviewer is introducing a lot of bias. Before you post, please be aware of where you are posting, what you wish to post, and who very, very kindly is providing the forum for you to post into. For the record, I do consider Derek Jeter to be an excellent ball-player, and he seems to do a lot of good for his community, which is also a plus. But I do cheer my head off when he strikes out to the M's! Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest sfgiants

try a 737 for 2 minutes or fly your airplane to the mountains on the left. Your about 1 minute away from having blurries.see picture of where you have FSX blurries galore.

What is the highest resolution of X-Planes ground textures? 1 m or 5 m?If 5 m (that's what it looks like on the screenshots at x-plane.com), then you should turn FSXs ground textures to this value and see if you still get blurries. 16fold texture size is a big strain for your graphic board (which btw. is not what I would recommend for a new-built FSX PC). Also, try to set the autogen density to similar values as in X-Plane (if I remember right, there is no autogen at all in Megasceneries).Please, try to compare apples with apples.Regards

Guest sfgiants

I just don't want to touch the fricken config settings. With a 2008 PC, I should be able to fly a 2006 game without issues. FSX was horrible!

>try a 737 for 2 minutes or fly your airplane to the mountains>on the left. Your about 1 minute away from having blurries.>I'll do just as soon as I see your LAX pic....actually I'm quite curious, mainly because I've never seen LAX in X planeI'll try to keep it civil Jeff, L33T!!!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest UlfB

>With a 2008 PC, I should be able to fly a 2006 game>without issues.>>>VIDEO CARD: Nividia GeForce 6800 Ultra (488 MB Total Memory) >Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz, 3199 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Are you kidding? Your hardware aint near 2008! No wonder your suffering from blurries.Ulf BThis hardware is from 2007!Core2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

>I just don't want to touch the fricken config settings. With>a 2008 PC, I should be able to fly a 2006 game without issues.>FSX was horrible!Your PC isn't 2008. That video card is like 4 years old.The CPU certainly IS NOT from 2008, maybe late 2006.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

One point about X-Plane and performance which has not been noted so far in this thread is that if you try to push X-Plane's graphics/scenery settings beyond a level which it determines would degrade framerate performance on your system, it starts automatically injecting fog in the distance to reduce overall visibility and the number of objects and scenery it has to display in order to try and maintain the minimum performance.So blurries or fog are both just a factor of system/application configuration versus underlying performance capability of the system on which you run either of the products.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest Nick_N

>try a 737 for 2 minutes or fly your airplane to the mountains>on the left. Your about 1 minute away from having blurries.>>see picture of where you have FSX blurries galore.>I

Guest UlfB

And all logic says this thread should end just here ;-)Ulf B