Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Demo vs. retail performance?

Hi all,I've toyed around with the demo and it runs acceptably well.Question is, as the subject says, how is the performance of the retail box vs. demo?I realize that's a bit of a loaded question as the demo is in a (very?) limited area, but I am just wondering if the good performance I'm experience might possibly carry over...thanks,Andrew

Guest UlfB

Andrew,If it's the same demo that was published before the official release of FSX RTM, I would say that performance is better with FSX SP2, a lot better if you have a dual or quad core cpu.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Just search the forums for a few tweaks, you might need them. I just hope your expectations aren't too high. And I don't mean to dis FSX, I simply mean that the small demo area in the Caribbean did not contain nearly as many objects as larger cities do, such as San Fransisco or London Heathrow etc.Then again if you were good with the St Maarten landing demo mission you should be pretty good most places in the retail version. Let us know how it goes. If you have any questions, people are fairly friendly (sometimes lol), or at least will give you honest opinions.don't forget the service packs or Acceleration if you like the retail versionhttp://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/default.aspxhttp://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Sim...11839901&sr=8-1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan!"If you have any questions, people are fairly friendly (sometimes lol), or at least will give you honest opinions."Oh yes... If you didn't notice my post count ;) I've been here before...Anyway, I'll download the patch tonite and look more into Acceleration, as well as tweak away. [edit] oh, I forgot: I tried out a quick flight from my home base (South Jersey Regional in New Jersey) and there were no Airport buildings. I haven't installed either SP yet, so that may help. Guess I'll Google around a bit.Regards,Andrew

lol sorry, I usually don't look at the post counts heheYeah, if you want to get into the detailed sliders area, in-game, you can select OPTIONS-SETTINGS-DISPLAY I think...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |