Sign in to follow this  
sipos

Weird MegaScenery question...

Guest Teddie

Folks,I'm waiting for my registration to be validated at the MegaScenery forum, so in the meantime, I thought I might pose my question here with you nice folks.There is no MegaScenery Mid Atlantic for FSX, but I was wondering if I purchase the Mid Atlantic for FS9, will it work in FSX...? AND...AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to me is can I isolate just the MegaScenery section for the Mall area near KDCA and use that (nothing else)... Just that little part of it with the Wash Monument, the pool, the Cap building. Just that little strip ONLY is what I want to use from MegaScenery.Anyone done that?Cheers,Teddie

Yes it will work with FSX, but it doesn't have the clarity that the more recent titles offer.. I am not sure how one would go about watering it down to the areas that you want, I would guess it would just be a matter of figuring out what BGL does what.Your other alternative would be to make the specific area you want via a program called MAPS2BGL, it converts Google Earth images into Flight Sim BGL's.. The only downside is that all of your buildings would be gone..

Guest firehawk44

"There is no MegaScenery Mid Atlantic for FSX, but I was wondering if I purchase the Mid Atlantic for FS9, will it work in FSX"Yes, all MegaScenery for 2004 can be used with FSX. Just download the installer and follow the instructions at this link: http://www.megascenery.com/megafsx.htm.Doubt you'll be able to isolate just the Mall area in DC but perhaps a scenery expert (and there are several who visit AVSIM regularly) can advise better.Best regards,Jim

Guest Teddie

Thanks for your tips guys.I'm trying to figure out how to put this tile image (see attachment) underneath the monument model but over top the current tile that is the grass...I live in the DC metro area and it bugs me that the grass around the monument is just a big tile of green...

Guest SkullxBones

If you want the FS9 version of Megascenery, check out www.pcaviator.com they have it at a huge discount right now. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look under the special offers section.

Yes, you can do that. But it's not a piece of cake. I would suggest visiting FSdeveloper.com and searching the forums to get a taste of how it's done. I would also look at the sdk documentation under the terrain section - you might be able to figure out how it's done there.