Sign in to follow this  
Guest freefall

Anyone else getting bored with FSX?

Guest essoblue

Reinstall FS9 and enjoy your addons. It's gonna be a long time before there are as many addons for FSX if that ever happens. Or pursue an alternative hobby, preferably not a one connected with a virtual world! I got bored and rejoined the human race. That was two years ago. I haven't returned to flightsimming. The only connection I have now with FS is reading this forum from time to time. I just can't be assed to fire up FS any more. I used to set up a flight, climb out, level off and think. . . oh what the heck. . . this is dull! and shut FS down.

I agree with you SanH. The sim doesn't have much new in it. Same ol' sloppy default aircraft. However the G1000 is nice. If it where not for the scenery, weather and a couple of good aircraft add-ons I would have thrown the dvds into the trash. The cockpit lighting is screwed up and of course many other bugs and a flight planner that is lacking. And on top of all this the ACES team won't fix it. Really nice of them to leave us hanging. But hey that is M$.

>Not freeware, but buy FDC and PFE from Oncourse Software and>you'll be enjoying your airline flights like never before. I>wouldn't fly without them.I have used FDC with FS9 alot. Of FDC & PFE for FSX, which do you prefer? I have neither, and was thinking of picking up only one of these two items. If you could buy only one of these, which one would it be?NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Bored? I never get bored of flying the autopilot in the pmdg 747. :-)Andrew

Guest reignman40

I am about to kill myself waiting for FSPassengersX and TrafficX to come out.

Guest NoobPilot

Don't do that, it might make a mess.

Guest essoblue

Here's the number for Samaritans. . . have a talk with them 08457 90 90 90.

Bored isn't a word I'd use. More like # off with it.It's a shame the A2A B377 is FSX only otherwise I'd buy it right now!After hearing about the performance probs people have with high-end rigs (compared to mine) I'm not feeling so bad that FSX doesn't run well on my rig.I have to scale everything back to minimum to get a decent performing sim, then it looks worse than FS98!! The lines on the runway aren't as good as those of FS2004, either.A plea to A2A: PLEASE make the B377 work in FS2004!!!!!!I last flew FSX about 6 months ago. I'm firmly back with FS2004 for the foreseeable future. Thankfully the PMDG MD-11 is for FS2004 too, so all is good!! :DI know at one point it was said the FSX was "built for future hardware to give the sim longevity". Well, that is a totally screwed-up statement. I'm still flying a 10 year old sim that ran extremely well on my old AMD K6-2 400MHz machine back in the day. It's not how well it runs on future hardware that counts - it's how well it runs. Period.I hope FS11 is far better in the performance stakes, and runs on my *existing* hardware (I won't "upgrade" this unless it gets fried by lightening or otherwise fails).Best regards,Robin.

>I know at one point it was said the FSX was "built for future>hardware to give the sim longevity". Well, that is a totally>screwed-up statement. I'm still flying a 10 year old sim that>ran extremely well on my old AMD K6-2 400MHz machine back in>the day. It's not how well it runs on future hardware that>counts - it's how well it runs. Period.>>I hope FS11 is far better in the performance stakes, and runs>on my *existing* hardware (I won't "upgrade" this unless it>gets fried by lightening or otherwise fails).>>Best regards,>Robin.I don't know if I can really trust how FS 11 is going to be after this round of dollars out the window with FSX. I have it running "decent" enough to enjoy it on an AMD Athalon 2400+ XP but it sure coud be a heck of alot better. And after M$ just abandoning it to work on the next version really kinda makes you lose your faith in the product.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest reignman40

"Intel Core2 Duo E6700 | 4Gb DDR2 1066MHz | 1Gb GeForce 7950GX2 | ASUS P5W DH Deluxe | Vista Ultimate SP1 (64-bit)"Hard to believe you are not getting good performance on that rig. Actually Aces has (I don't want to say abandoned but I might have to) abandoned FSX to work on Train Sim 2 not FS11. It is a shame I was really hoping for a patch to fix the size of the autogen. They will start work on FS11 after TS2 is done. It will be atleast 2 years until we see FS11. Fine with me since I have spent alot on FSX addons....