Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

FSX Performance, frustrated. :(

Guest NoobPilot

Yeah, the thing is, though, I don't have a MoBo that can support PCIe 2.0, which is what it is. Anyway, I found out that the BIOS I am using doesn't actually let you modify settings, which means that I can't get an OC on the already very slow processor I have now. Why I ever bought a system called HP Media Center I do not know...

You don't need a PCIe 2.0 motherboard for the 8800GTIt will work just fine on a regular PCIe motherboard.

Enough said, indeed.To end on an upbeat note, I went for a flight today, out of CYYJ, in the Cheyenne with the new RXP GNS530 installed in the panel and selected a GPS guided approach into KSEA via PAE. On the way there admired the Olympic mountain range on my right and Mount Baker on my left... Wow, is all I can say.:-)

Bert

Guest Nick_N

Hey... glad something I posted helped!Enjoy!

Guest NoobPilot

Nick, most things that you post help.

Guest jbinner

Let me some up today and last night with one word.... ACCELERATION! :)Forget all the tweaks I did. Went out today, got the Accel pack, and OMG......I am in Heaven. :)Added to that I got the VR920's working just now, flew a quick hop in my backyard from SAV to HXD, and OMG!!!!! lol If the chair was moving I'd swear I was in the plane. :)Thanks to all that helped, but seriously, if you have issues, go spend the $29, go get Accel pack! It did wonders!!!!!

Guest NoobPilot

Really? I had SP2 installed, hardly anything was "working as intended". So many addons were messed up...

Guest Nick_N

That was Sp2 that changed everything. It comes with AccelerationThey changed autogen to a 'batch' call and made quite a few other changesI was going to ask if you were on SP2 or not. I would not fly without it.

Guest jbinner

I dont think so, the SP2 included on the Accel Pack is different. It made me remove the SP2 download I ALREADY had installed before it would install Accel. Either way, it fixed my issues.

Guest Nick_N

Well... yes and noAccording to Aces SP2 is the same (stand alone or Acceleration version) but Acceleration requires it go in with it I also understand that some are crashing with an addon called CumulusX and the apparent fix is uninstall Acceleration, install stand alone SP2 then reinstall Acceleration, which in a nutshell would be what you did, then after CumulusX no longer crasheshttp://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1211989440Interesting because it kind of goes against the logic but then again MSFS usually does.I am watching for more reports on this. If you already had SP2 and there was a performance change directly related to installing the stand alone Sp2 and -then- Acceleration it may be a clue to something... especially when the same processes fixes crashes with CumulusXThe only onther thing I can think of is there was some type of glitch with the stand alone SP2 install

Guest jbinner

not sure, but I was flying in heavy weather, with VR920's running, and it was smooth. Whatever it did it's fixed.

Guest NoobPilot

OK, so I installed acceleration. First off, I now get CTD's, sometimes so badly that I have to do a restart. Secondly, on half of my addons no longer work. Is there a way to go back to SP1 without a full reinstall?

Have you tried the uninstall option in Windows/Settings/Control Panel?

Bert

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Ive been saying WOW for a good few months now. Im just busy leaarning the leveld 767. I never check the FPS counter anymore. Yes I have about 2 or 3 tweak applied but nothing major. FSX on my system is great. Moving traffic boats WOAI, I could go on and on and on........But I wont ;)