Sign in to follow this  
Guest Teddie

FS Genesis upgrade V2

Just got it in the mail today! Five DVDs worth of terrain elevation just for the US. This should be sweet. I got the Version 1 stuff with my Galaxy membership about a year ago, and that was all of North America on one DVD. Can't wait to see if this massive increase in data equals to a massive increase in eye candy. In any case, FS Genesis came through again. They honoured my membership exactly as they said they would, I have unlimited access to all downloads and they mailed me the DVDs free of charge as soon as I asked. Colour me a really excited user, but I like the product and I like the service.Time to install and fly! :-sun1

Guest SkullxBones

I installed mine and didn't notice any big difference but I really didn't expect to be able to tell without before and after shots. The Resolution was already pretty good with V1.

>Just got it in the mail today! Five DVDs worth of terrain>elevation just for the US. This should be sweet. I got the>Version 1 stuff with my Galaxy membership about a year ago,>and that was all of North America on one DVD. Can't wait to>see if this massive increase in data equals to a massive>increase in eye candy. >>In any case, FS Genesis came through again. They honoured my>membership exactly as they said they would, I have unlimited>access to all downloads and they mailed me the DVDs free of>charge as soon as I asked. Colour me a really excited user, but I like the>product and I like the service.>>Time to install and fly! :-sun1 I Whole heartedly agree! The galaxy membership was the best investment I have made for FS! I just got an email, my disks are on the way, but apparently they ran out of Can/Mex disk, so I'm only getting the US first, and the Can/Mex disk will ship separately! No problem, I have already downloaded them online, it's just a little lower resolution.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>I installed mine and didn't notice any big difference but I>really didn't expect to be able to tell without before and>after shots. The Resolution was already pretty good with V1.>>The big difference with V2 is the elimination or at least a great significant reduction in the elevation cliffs at airports, because of FS need for flattened runways. Now the terrain gently meets the airport for a more subtle effect.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Tom do you notice KDEN still being on a plateau with v2?RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Excuse my ignorance but what does FSGenesis actually do to improve FSX.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

FS Genesis is terrain elevation mesh. What it does it make FSX mountains look like real mountains. Instead of having a mountain that looks like a beached whale, with slow boring curves, Genesis mesh gives you much, much greater degree of accuracy in the mountain's shape and elevation, so you get cliffs and ridges and valleys. Really great stuff. I won't fly without it.This shot is with GEX & UTX & FEX, but the shape of those lovely mountains is pure Genesis mesh.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/hor...22-08-51-92.jpg

>Tom do you notice KDEN still being on a plateau with v2?>>>Rhett>I just checked and your right KDEN still has cliffs, but it doesn't look as high as V1. If I remember KDEN had very high plateau cliffs in V1. Justin must have established a threshold on how high he could correct, and anything higher, would only be improved. KSEA still has a small cliff on the Northeast part of the airport, but again not as bad as it was!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>>I just checked and your right KDEN still has cliffs, Ok good, I just wanted to make sure my v2 mesh was installed properly. Last night I noticed KDEN still had some cliffs. I can live with a little bit. Thanks for verifying that for me.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest SkullxBones

>The big difference with V2 is the elimination or at least a>great significant reduction in the elevation cliffs at>airports, because of FS need for flattened runways. Now the>terrain gently meets the airport for a more subtle effect. Yeah, I saw the difference in some airports, but I was referring to the higher vertical resolution on the new V2 DVD's of .25 meters compared to the .5 meters for the download version. I couldn't tell the difference just flying around, I would need to see before and after photos to tell the difference.

I concur, this is one outstanding company. I have had a Galaxy Class member ship for over 4 years and it was worth every penny. I am waiting for my DVDs. I have all the V2 stuff installed already but it is nice to have a back up.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

>I concur, this is one outstanding company. I have had a>Galaxy Class member ship for over 4 years and it was worth>every penny. I am waiting for my DVDs. I have all the V2 stuff>installed already but it is nice to have a back up. >The DVD's are more than a backup, they are in a higher resolution than the downloaded files. I believe it's .5 vs .25 or something like that. probably not much that you would notice the difference though!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

"The DVD's are more than a backup, they are in a higher>resolution than the downloaded files. I believe it's .5 vs .25>or something like that. probably not much that you would>notice the difference though!"The FS Genesis site says the same thing. "The differences will only be noticeable to the most discriminating users."Well that's me, baby. That me. :-cool

FSGenesis was the first add-on I ever bought, other than an airplane. I recommended it whole heartily to anyone who doesn't have it and is thinking of buying. Do so!

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset