Sign in to follow this  
Novation

tweaked shaders on FSX?

hello, I'm back to FSX after a while, so I'm not up to date with modificationsI've noticed that in other (action) games (Stalker, GTA, Half Life, RichardBurns Rally ...) expert users have been capable to tweak shaders, and have a really more realistic and beautiful appearance of the game; it would be nice to have a sunnier FSX :-sun1is there anything similar for FSX, or in the works? thanks

Guest pwheeler

FSWC is very close to release. It features a user controllable GUI to modify the water shader so you have complete control over reflection intensity, colour depth, sun and moon specular reflections and the dreadded moonglow.It uses a modified version of the 'Ingvaar' shader mod (the other link above) with the addition of more definable variables all in a very easy to use GUI. Currently it is compatible with FSX SP1 and SP2, XP and Vista, but only using DX9. DX10 support will follow shortly as soon as I can get enough money to buy a copy of Vista! (Ashton has Vista but only a DX9 card. I have a DX10 card but no vista - shame he's in Thailand and I'm in England!)Ashton is just finishing the interface as we speak and it should enter beta very soon.ThanksPaul

so, nothing new on ground objects & aircrafts lighting, so far ...would any of those water shading arrangements interfere with other add-ons? (i.e. FlightEnvironmentX, ActiveSkyX)