Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

UTX / road textures question

Hi all-Ok, UTX is officially my first add-on for FSX (yay) and I'm happy to say that my wife's Vostro 200, Core 2 Duo 4200, with 3 gigs of ram and an 8500GT runs things pretty well. (Surprisingly?)Anyway, the painted-on roads found in the textures of FSX are really distracting for me, and though UTX has some issues here and there I'd love to be able to eliminate/ replace all the FSX tiles containing -painted- roads.I seem to remember reading something - whether it was a commercial product or some replacement textures - that mentioned the painted roads being eliminated.Does anything like this exist?Also - though much more minor - I think the major roads in UTX also have cars PAINTED on them... echhh... is there a way to get rid of or replace these textures?Last - when I first installed FSX I seemed to have lots of air traffic, especially on the ground at bigger airports... lots of ground vehicles, too. (Both after setting the sliders, of course.) After installing UTX, I seem to have lost most of it! (??) Is that possible?BTW I must have registered a long time ago (usa roads) in their forum, but can't remember my user name so I've emailed them. I would have asked there..thanks,Andrew

>I seem to remember reading something - whether it was a>commercial product or some replacement textures - that>mentioned the painted roads being eliminated.Are you talking about the roads that are part of the texture? And not part of the roads UT installs (which you can choose from)? As far as I know, UT does not include these type of ground texture beyond their 'featured textures' such as cemeteries, beaches, golf courses, highway exchanges, etc. (see the list of these in the UT documentation).If you are talking about the general urban and non-urban roads, those are your default ground textures. I use Ground Environment X, which I believe improves upon the defaults.>Also - though much more minor - I think the major roads in UTX>also have cars PAINTED on them... echhh... is there a way to>get rid of or replace these textures?That is an option within the UT set-up tool. I assume you have the Canadian version? Go into the Tool, Ulitimate Terrain, and then select Road Surface ColorsAnd finally, you can find their 'help forum' here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19