Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

PMDG 747-400 FSX For Dummies ?

Guest TonyPiech

Is there such a book? I purchased the Addon from PMDG, great looking plane, lots of buttons and dials to tweak and setup. Maybe too much for me. I've looked/scanned thru the manuals, my brain & eyes started to glaze-over. Are, or is something out-there like a tutorial for a nonprofessional pilot that can assist in getting a better and simpler understanding of how to properly fly this plane?I managed to take-off from the gate on to the runway, and up to cruise, also using the autopilot to turn and reach whatever alitiude is desired, without using the FMC. But thats about it. Any additional references beyond the manuals available inside the Sim would be appreciated.

Guest firehawk44

I know of none developed specifically for the PMDG; however, the PMDG 747 is extremely realistic so any 747 procedure manual would work. My recommendation would be the flight manuals produced by Captain Mike Ray (http://www.utem.com/). They are as close as you can get for a flight manual for "dummies". Okay, they aren't free and fairly expensive but if you like to see pictures and illustrations instead of reading the technical jargon found in many flight sim manuals, then these are for you! Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Guest SkullxBones

It is overwhelming at first but you will pick it up sooner than you think. Try the PMDG type rating courses. Also, check Youtube. Search for PMDG tutorials. There are some good tutorials for things like learning how to program the FMC. Check this one, it's for the PMDG737 but will help you for the 747. there about 9 videos in the series on FMC.

The type rating courses on the PMDG website are very good. They explain not only which buttons you have to push, but _why_ you have to push them.If you're looking for something a little quicker, this is a good resource:http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/index.htmAs you can see from the URL it's for the FS9 version, but it applies equally well to the FSX one.Colin

If you want the deluxe version, get pmdg747_advancedtutorial.zip here at avsim.Jim Harnes

Guest TonyPiech

Thanks for those leads, guys. I'll try them, they gotta help.