Sign in to follow this  
Mace

looking for a great GA aircraft

Guest gooper

H all after finally getting FSX to run fairly smoothly on my computer I would like to get mor einto GA flying, especially with the great FTX..does anyone have any recommendations fore a really good ga aircraft WITH a great VC(the only way to fly!)...I also want one with smoooth gauge movement..not the kerky, jerky ones i amused to...I have the real air spitfire but are there any other GA aircraft with similar fluid gauges you can recommend?thanks!

IMHO,Dreamfleet Piper Dakota.Best out there for FSX.

Guest ziporama

Also, from personal experience with them, RealAir SF260, Digital Aviation Cheyenne, Aerosoft Twin-Otter, and some excellent freeware in the AVSIM library.Cheers,Etienne

Guest NoobPilot

Anything RealAir. It's The best, in my opinion. I bought their Taildragger 2007 pack a week ago, no problems whatsoever, flies excellent, no problem for installation, looks beautiful, and the VC is unbeatable (possibly even better than real life).

I'd go with anything Real Air, the Dreamfleet Dakota, and the Eaglesoft Twin Commanche as some of the best Ga.As an alternative however, you can do what I do. With Fs panel studio you can easily add/ customize any panel as an example the Reality xp flightline gauges (which are some of the smoothest realistic instruments around), the new Reality Xp Garmin Waas 430/540, Abacus ez-gps, and the Friendly panel radio gauges to any cockpit you have; for smooth realistic instruments and response which imho makes or breaks reality! That can be as fun as buying a whole new aircraft-especially when none are available for the make and model you seek.My custom default Fs Baron with all the above (waiting for a 3rd party fsx Baron-especially a B55!):http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189272.jpg

Guest jshyluk

I really like the Aerosoft BeaverX. It's a truly versatile model, which will allow amphibious and bush-flying operations.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

There are many great GA aircraft available now - some are mentioned. However, if FPS is a concern you might have a closer look at the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche. It's a great match regarding quality, complexity, the feel of flight and good frame rates. My plane of choice specially above dense areas.Heiko

>H all after finally getting FSX to run fairly smoothly on my>computer I would like to get mor einto GA flying, especially>with the great FTX..does anyone have any recommendations fore>a really good ga aircraft WITH a great VC(the only way to>fly!)...I also want one with smoooth gauge movement..not the>kerky, jerky ones i amused to...I have the real air spitfire >but are there any other GA aircraft with similar fluid gauges>you can recommend?>>thanks!FSD-International as the Saratoga II and Piper Navajo for FSX which have no frame rate hit as far as I can tell. Also check out EagleSoft, Flight1, Digital Aviation and DreamFleet.Read reviews and forum comments before purchasing.

The Carenado Mooney has a great VC and no impact on framerates whatsoever.Pat

Lionheart has a great Bellanca Viking I do most of my GA flying in and did a little IRL also. Just watch out for termites :-p

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Nismo35

OP, I also got the Real Air Scout package where it will shine with FTX and all the extra (mostly grass/gravel) airfields. I was actually looking for a twin engine and was close to getting the Cheyenne, but when I saw RealAir's next release, I decided to wait for the twin and get the Scout package.Geofa, RealAir's next release is the B60! Don't know if you saw that.http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=coming

Guest Nismo35

Of course you knew that was coming out!! :-roll Any idea of when it's going to be released?

Eaglesoft Twin Comanchefluid gauges, very few drawcalls (i.e. good framerate), excellent VC..all the things you said you want.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Shalomar

All that can be said is that now that RealAir has completed the Spit for FSX, they have now turned their full attention to the Duke. Production was half finished before, so hopefully not too long now.Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave