Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

Help to configure my PC with FSX

Guest ang0718

Hello everyone I recently installed FSX on my machine together with Acceleration Pack... The performance is not that great... I get very low FPS (around 6-9). Then I can't even make a free flight because FSX crashes and I have to constantly reboot my machine. I have nothing installed as far as add-ons except for fsuipc in order to properly configure my saitek yoke with dual quadrant... I have dual monitors (two 20" dell LCD monitors). Please help... I'm dying to finally purchase some of the add-on that I used to use in Flight Sim 2004 and fly across the world. Thus far the all experience with FSX has been demoralizing. I'll attach my FSX configuration file so if anyone can give me a hand and help me some what to get me up and flying..Thanks in advance to everyone.I'll attach also my system configuration file so that my specs could be seen.

Guest UlfB

Hi,I can't open any of the attached zip files with WinZip 10 (not a valid archive).Ulf B

Your files are either corrupt or there is nothing in them. Post your specs here. Craig

Guest ang0718

perhaps i didn't load the file correctly can you please instruct me on how to load them... I think it would be easier to just load the file instead listing them because I might forget some important data. Thanks

go into your profile, click on the forum tag then go into user menu, and put your specs in there then it will show at the bottom of your message like this.

Guest ang0718

Here are my PC's Specs hope this works to help me with my FSX configuration, thanks

Guest Nick_N

1. Scroll down and set things up by the list I posted in the 7 entry of this threadhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26410EXCEPTSet AI AL/GA traffic to 30, Cars to 10, Ships and Boats to 25 and lock your frame rate at 30Set you AG slider to VERY DENSE instead of 100%2. Download and install the latest version of Nhancerhttp://www.nhancer.com/Make sure you have .nET Framework 2.0 installed before doing that. If you dont you can find the link at the bottom of the nhancer page.3. After installing Nhancer, set it up by these directions,http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...=1208959973/0#5 except.. set 8xS AA under COMBINED and not Supersample as that list posts.Follow the directions carefully when setting up nhancerLast,... open the FSX config in notepad. If you have a wide screen monitor, scroll down change WideViewAspect= to TRUE from falseUnder the MAIN heading add in the following entries:HideInfoText=1 <---- gets rid of the mag, brakes and other info on the screen (optional)DisablePreload=1Save and close the FSX.cfg fileTry FSXIf you use UTX I can list settings for that too..My suggestions here are ALL BASED on a DEFAULT UTX INSTALL and that you have NOT enabled/disabled any features that were enabled/disabled by default UTX is a wonderful addon however it incorporates items by default that may choke a slower system

Guest Nick_N

forum software glitch, double post... deleted

Guest ang0718

Hi Nick Thanks for the help i only had time to finally try all the things that you suggested yesterday and with bad news the performances haven't really increased that much.. i still only get up around (5-6 fps)is there anything else i can do to help boost my performances? thanks as always in advance for your time.

Guest Nick_N

Short of upgrading the platform to intel, you should optimize that PC to deliver more CPU to the application.. your main problem is that processor and its ability with the overhead FSX produces but you can try to go through the system and clean it up so it can deliver as much as possible to FSX.http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1208959973the entire thread has all the info you need and do heed the warningshttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...47337&mode=full

Guest moti0nflow

I feel your pain man. I have a monster of a computer, I can run games like crysis at 50-60 fps with max details and AA, yet I can't run FSX higher than 19fps at airports. Heck that number even goes WAY down once I'm using a quality payware airplane. No offense to the MS FSX developers but this game is fat system hog with terrible programming. No wonder everyone's still playing FS2004.

>No offense to the MS FSX developers but this game is fat>system hog with terrible programming. No wonder everyone's>still playing FS2004.If I may quote "Uncle Bill" one of our forum sages:Oh boy ACES, BOHICA! ;-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hmmm, I have a similar systemOnly 2GB's of RAM though....I get around 10FPS in large cities, with high settings.I get about 20-30 in the countryside with default planesAbout 20 with addons like the DF Dakota, RealAir SF260, Accel F18 etcI only run ONE monitor though, maybe that's your problem....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |