Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

My favorite plane, whats yours?

Guest PPSFA

Disclaimer: This isn't an advertizment for any plane, developer, provider, etc. Just wondering what other consider their 'favorite.I fly a lot of planes, and all have their pros and cons. In fact if the guys I fly multiplayer with had their way, I would have a lot more planes in my hanger. Some are for high and fast,others are for low and slow, and all are fun.I have one that I fly 80% of the time and I love it. It is complex enough to keep me interested, simple enough to not require an hour to pre-flight it, flys well both high and low, slow and fast, gets in and out of short fields, and works perfectly with 'shared cockpit' in multiplayer, does not kill my FPS, and looks great in all views, including the VC and 2D cockpits and rear cabin.The plane............ Eaglesoft CJ1XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Guest PTisme

Real Air Scout Package

Guest Teddie

The default 747 for commercial flights.The Maule for sight-seeing.

Guest jshyluk

Great topic, good choices! I hope people keep this thread in mind when it comes time for AVSIM readers to vote for the Readers' Choice Awards.Personally, my all-time favourite is the default J-3 Piper Cub (untweaked, although some claim it is broken). It flies well, but is challenging on the rudder pedals. It rewards flight with a TrackIR, especially if you pop the door open. It never kills frame rates!I also like all of the Acceleration aircraft. Finally, but not in the least, my favourite non-Microsoft payware (apart from the aircraft I am currently reviewing) is the Aerosoft BeaverX.As mentioned on top, this is just a personal list, and not an official endorsement of any product.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

>>>Real Air Scout PackageSame here, especially in combination with FTX.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

It's hard to pick a single favorite aircraft because there are so many of them. So I'll choose four different categories and a couple within some categories (lol).GA Aircraft: AlphaSim Long-EZ/Eaglesoft Columbia 400Commercial Aircraft: Level-D 767Early Military Aircraft: RealAir Spitfire/AlphaSim B-24Late Military Aircraft: IRIS F-20 TigersharkThere are so many good planes out already. The truth be told, we ain't seen nothin yet ;)

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I've yet to be disappointed with a payware purchase, to be honest, on the aircraft front, anyway. But if I install new scenery I automatically boot up the RealAir SF260. The Marchetti is something special, I think. Flies predictably, but reminds you sometimes that it needs respect, and whilst it's easy to land, it's not as easy to grease it, and the satisfaction every time is 100%.But it's very difficult, isn't it? The C130, LDS767, Dornier, RA Spit, SW-A2A-P40, MD-80 - I am addicted to them all, and choosing one is sooo tricky. Still, the SF260 shouted the loudest, and I had to listen.Good thread. And, remarkably, unrelated to FSX performance or Phil. Kudos to the OP.

Paul Skol

Good Thread!I really enjoy the Flight1 ATR 72-500; the Flight1/Coolsky MD80 and the Level D 767-300ER. All have lots of systems simulated and look quite nice. I like the default Goose too, only default a/c I really fly anymore.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Concorde! Probably the most technically advanced civil aircraft that will ever be designed. 50 years old in concept. Decades ahead of its time. A disgrace it's no longer flying. :-grr Whilst there may not yet be a FSX version I'm sure someone is working on it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest dpc

If I had to pick just one it would be the Dreamfleet Piper Dakota

Guest George M

RealAir Scout here too. In FS2004 it was the plane I flew probably 75-80% of the time. With the missions and better default planes in FSX that percentage is probably down a bit, but it's still my easy choice for favorite. Flies great, awesome VC (with excellent visibility), you can land it just about anywhere - just the perfect little bush plane.

GA - Carenado MooneyAirliner - Coolsky MD80

Jim Wenham

Well, since I missed getting into the Best GA thread....I cannot pick just one, impossible.In alphabetical order, my top 7, (6 based on total hours flown *in FSX*, but excellent FSX performers are as important):Aerosoft Twin OtterCarenado MooneyDreamfleet DakotaEaglesoft Twin ComancheEaglesoft ColumbiaMAAM DC-3RealAir Scout