Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

WOW !!!!

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Thats about sums up this aircraft! I recently purchased the PMDG 747 X from aerosoft (boxed only $53) and installed it tonight. and.....WOWYes it does eat much more frames then my levelD 767 but the VC is amazing. The systems are amazing, the sounds are amazing... this all makes up for the frame rate hit.I have just scratched the surface after install tonight so I am sure that I will find much more cool stuff about this aircraft to be amaxed at.A Great big Bravo Zulu to PMDG.Gonning to add it to my sig now!EDIT: PS only thing is I cant get the 'BRAKE TEMP" light to go out.....

Guest UlfB

Hi,Yes, the PMDG 747 is an excellent add on.The update to version 2.10 should fix the error with brake temp. You could start off with checking your version and update if needed. Often you need special update installers for a boxed version, so check out the Aersoft updates first. Don't hesitate to post on the PMDG support forum here on avsim. Good support.Ulf B

Guest SkullxBones

Don't know if it's still there after the new update, but in the options menu, you can clear the brake temps warning light after you overheated the brakes.

What sort of FPS do you get in the 747 VC with your 3ghz overclock?

Matthew S

>What sort of FPS do you get in the 747 VC with your 3ghz>overclock? >I would like to know this too.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

OK well here is what I get.. Examples....KMCO (orlando) 21% AI Traffic. I get 11-14 FPS Seems to be the same in these medium cities....I have not flown to Atlanta or Dallas ETC. Yet. Right after takeoff the rates seem to imrove 2-3 better up to altitude. When At altitude I am Locked at 22.I can live with this.In the LevelD I get 15-18 most airports.In the MD-80 (coolsky) I get Locked 22.

Wow, 11-15 frames on a Q6600?How much do you get with the default Cessna? Just out of curiosity, because I am still torn between the Q6600 and E8400.What kind of traffic? (Default, MTX, UTX, PAI/WOAI?)I would really love to get any heavy iron for FSX, but 15 frames would be probably the borderline for me to fly approaches (and enjoy it).Thanks!Pat

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Pat,Frankly I have Been very happy after tweaking with my Q6600. I am now at 3.1 GHZ... With the default cessna? well I dont every fly that but with the coolsky MD-80 I get will over 22(BTW I am locked at 22)I have MyTraffic X , 21%.Well 15 FPS is fairly smooth for me.

15 fps with 21% MTX is not bad at all around busier airports. I am pushing around 20 with the Cessna and similar settings most slider high or max, but before I do the 747 I need to get a least a very good Quad or Duo.You should fly the GA more. Can be surprisingly fun to do VFR especially with FSX and UTX and really see all the landmarks down below, but, well, it's a different style of flying ;)Thanks!Pat

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Pat,I do fly VFR ofter in the Twin Comanche and the Carenado 182. I have about 11hrs toward my private (which is on financial stby) so I fly VFR by the POH books and do pattern and landing practice along with circles and s turns etc....

Aerosoft itself is only selling it for 59.99 Euros, which is the same as the PMDG download (and about $85 at today's exchange rate). Same with SimMarket. PCAviator is selling it in dollars, but for $64.99, and FlightSim.com has it for $74.95, while FlightSimStore.com is carrying it for $89.95! I don't know anywhere else that's currently selling it. Info, please?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Guest SkullxBones

I have pretty much the same system as you do but no SLI. Try using unlimited frames with the PMDG747. I get better FPS with aircraft that eat FPS with unlocked frames. The only time I lock the frames is for FPS friendly GA where unlimited frames will cause stutters on my system. JDWalley- If you are going to buy from PCAviator, they usually have 10% off on the weekends.

I'll throw in my frame rate experience as well. With UTX/GEX/ASX, MyTraffic 59% commercial/30% GA I get the following (system specs below):Large addon airports (Aerosoft HeathrowX/FSDreamteamOhare) - average 18 with dips to 13 close to terminal buildings.Large default airports - upper teens to low 20sAirborne - 45+ unlimited, so I lock at 30 and it stays there.I did need to reduce my scenery complexity to Dense with Autogen at normal and water 1x mid.KyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB, Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

VC framerates pretty much killed the 747X experience for me since I am a TrackIR user. So I stayed with the FS9 version. Funny though, when the sim is in motion, the frames are terrible, but when I pause they nearly double to 20+, but only when I'm paused! Really weird.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU