Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

Best add-ons

Guest Serte

I've got ~$300 USD to spend and am open to recommendations for the best FSX (SP2) add-on landclass/texture products to purchase. Also interested naturally in framerate impact of these products. I fly small fixed-wing to heavy iron, all over the world. Currently "following" the F1 auto circuit on its schedule.I'm looking at:UTXGEXFEXFSGSceneryTechFSGlobalAny suggestions as to the best combinations of these or other products is most appreciated. Also any direction as to the order of installation of these packages would be helpful!Q9450/ASUS Maximus Extreme/4GB/7600GT+7600GT+8500GT w/six monitors, non-SLIFSX SP2

I would purchase Active Sky X (without ASG), Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain and Flight Environment. Eventually some high quality mesh from FSGenesis and you should be all set for a breathtaking experience. I don't regret purchasing any of those addons and I would even think that they're universally considered to be the best universal scenery add-ons for FSX.Pat

Go spend $100 or whatever it is these days on a fam flight at your local airport.That way you can see how different computer flying feels from the real thing.Based on your experience, you'll be able to make a better decision with your remaining $200.Cheers,Bryan

lol....real world flights are fun though!Better yet, find someone who can take you up for free!Regarding addons:UTX FEXRealAir SF260, Sptifire, ScoutPack 07Dreamfleet Piper DakotaPMDG 747x and LevelD 767I think you already exceeded 300 with that list though heheedit: Actually, I hear TrackIR 4 is one of the best hardware purchases one can make...http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ditto on Ryan's list there. Maybe throw in a FTX as well.Edit, oh I orded my Track IR 4 last weekend. Will let you know how it works.

Guest SkullxBones

You didn't mention what hardware you have, but that's where I'd spend my money first. A good yoke/pedals/throttle and TrackIR make a huge difference in the "real" effect.The $39 FSG mesh package includes a landclass, so it's good bang for the buck.

No point getting FS Global AND FS Genesis from your list. They both do the same thing only FS Genesis does it better.

FTX and Track IRCheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

>UTX>GEX>FEX>FSGenesis>SceneryTechThose are all great addons. I use each one. I would also highly recommend ASX unless you wish to wait for the FEX weather engine (when it will be released is unknown).

Guest Teddie

serte,If you don't already have TrackIR 4 with the headphone clip, please consider it.I've been using mine for years (started with the visor clip). Used it initially for race simming.If you fly in the VC like I do, you'll absolutely find you can't live without it.

FEX vs Active Sky X:Consider getting FEX now instead of ASX. You can use the FSX real-world weather generator for now. FSX will use the FEX clouds. They are great already, but there is an upgrade in the works to really improve them, and the screen shots posted are simply stunning. Plus, the upgrade will include a weather engine like ASX does now. And the upgrade will all be free for any registered user of FEX, so if you buy it now, you are good to go when the upgrade comes out.I'm an addon junkie, and own FEX and ASX and X Graphics. I use ASX for my real world weather generation, with FEX clouds, sky, and water. Closest thing I've seen to my real-world flying for over 30 years. When the FEX upgrade comes out with the weather generator, I see ASX getting removed from my hard drive. Nothing against it or the developers...I just don't see the need for it anymore after that.

Rick Ryan