Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Ultimate Traffic & My Traffic

I finally purchased a new computer for FSX and I am expecting it to arrive any day. Up until now I have been playing FSX with no traffic. I purchased Ultimate Traffic from flight1 but retuned it when my system couldn't handle AI. Is it possible to run Ultimate Traffic for GA and commercial AND My Traffic for military traffic? Thanks for your input.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Mike,I think you can. Just delete all the My Traffic BGL's except for MyTrafficmil.bgl. I have not tried it in FSX, but I did in FS9 and it seemed to work fine.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Ultimate Traffic will give you a warning if it sees other traffic files when it compiles it's own traffic file.That's all it is - a warning.If you know what is in each traffic file, then you are fine.What you do not want to do is have duplicates of the same airline - i.e. two AAL setups, two AFR setups.Using the My Traffic military only and Ultimate Traffic for commercial is perfectly acceptable.Most of us take airlines from freeware packages like World of AI, or Project AI in some cases - and disable that airline in Ultimate Traffic.Or alternatly use the exceptional models from WoA and assign them for those airlines in place of the models which come with UT.That helps FPS, going to lower polygon models - and they look better.

I have both and use MytrafficX. It is a trade off between performance and quality between the two programs. MytrafficX does allow you to select the quality level of the AI. I can't remember if Ultimate Traffic offers the same option. I run MytrafficX at 30% and have LOTS of AI and a lock 25 fps most places. My biggest gripe is the beach ball size nav lights, beacons and strobes on AI. The technique they use conserves a substantial amount of FPS. However, the AI nav lights etc are the same size regardless of the distance from you. (beach ball size relative to the plane size and distance).You do get real world diversity and ATC calls.Bob..

Or as good as UT and My Traffic are, you can forgo them and go with WOAI. You can download and install all or a subset of the airlines available (And more are added each day). What you get are models that look better than either My traffic, or UT (IMHO and they perform better than UT), with real world flightplans. It also has some GA and Military, but probably not as much as MyTraffic, so you may still want to use MyTraffic for those. It takes a little time to download all the airline packages (Most of the packages reside in the AVSIM Library), but the installer is intuitive and you can install multiple packages at a time. And you can't beat the price, it's free!! You can see what they look like in my videos on youtube using the below link.http://www.world-of-ai.com/

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You can use MyTraffic for the airliners and GA-Traffic (freeware, here in the library) for GA. MyTraffic is getting better and better and now offers settings for the level of detail and AI interaction (I assume with AI jetways), which can increase performance probably a tad more than UT.Pat