Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Presently in one of the most STUNNING flights with FSX!

Thanks for the advice on Velma's-I am hitting St. John's among a few others on a Baron trip this summer. I sent you a pm in case you have other advice for that area. Not sure I am going to like the zero visability stuff though... :-lol Oops-I think I am going to St. John's , New Brunswick...http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest NoobPilot

Ahem... St. John... :)And I believe that the best food in Canada is Hutch's, between Burlington and Hamilton, ON. Just bring your own napkins.

Mitch-I have to share your enthusiasm in a slightly different vein.I am flying a New England/Ne Canada province trip this summer.I have spent hours on the flight plans-thanks to the Voyager software I have I imported them into fsx with one touch.This evening I flew a few legs-from Providence to Martha's Vineyard, from Laconia to Sanford Maine, and from Sanford to Bar Harbor, Maine.I was using the default Baron with the new Reality xp waas gps, the Reality xp flightline instruments (smooth as butter), the friendly panels radio stack, and abacus ez gps.The real weather downloads were a combo of incredible cumulus clouds and ground fog. I had to use a waas approach into both Martha's Vineyard and Bar Harbor-almost to minimums. Using a completely real working gps was a work of art! Smooth instruments were necessary for the approaches and ifr I encountered.Then of course the gex textures along with the fex clouds made for a stunning and very real flight. Like a real flight I was captivated, a little tense at the weather, and amazed at the beauty. On my machine-I never saw below 25 fps and that only briefly and most of the flights were 35-60 fps. Flying over some of the islands of Maine-getting a break in the clouds and seeing car traffic below-wow!What a useful real tool for me, and it is so close to real right now it will be a real challenge for fs11 to top.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>..............>This is most important! USE the canned FAIR WEATHER for your>selection...NOT REAL WEATHER. You don't want to miss one>second of the flight path's eye candy. Not one mountain top,>river, stream, lake...not one! FANTASTIC!>>Enjoy!>>Cheers,>>Mitchhello Mitch,would you perhaps suggest season and time of day as well?

>How did you know! Pict 1 is fsx and pict two is fsx1 :-lolYes, I expect FS11 to look like that. After all, AVSIM is posting the pics, so it must be official or nearly so. If FS11 does not look like that, I will be livid, and I will want the pics taken down right away, and I will trash the whole FS franchise for it, and dwell on it for months and months, and on top of that I'll sue. I'll sue I tell you.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Best flight I ever had in real life was Vancouver to Whitehorse in a 737. What a view! In Whitehorse, I went up in a float plane (don't know what kind, I'll have to check my film) over Lake Laberge. Wonderful!That flight from Whitehorse Int. North over the lake is one I do often in FSX.(Thank goodness for UTX and GEX so I can fly a over a lovely virtual Yukon whenever I please.)

>>..............>>This is most important! USE the canned FAIR WEATHER for>your>>selection...NOT REAL WEATHER. You don't want to miss one>>second of the flight path's eye candy. Not one mountain top,>>river, stream, lake...not one! FANTASTIC!>>>>Enjoy!>>>>Cheers,>>>>Mitch>>hello Mitch,>would you perhaps suggest season and time of day as well?>--------------------------------------------------Well, I took the flight last weekend, so anytime around then for that. If you took the flight around 11:00 AM (your time), it would approximate the scenery and shadows I saw. If you do use the FAIR WEATHER, you get great clouds, that never interfere with the visuals to the ground, just great cloudscape to fly through.I'd imagine this flight path would look superb in sunrise and sunset as well. In fact, I'll repeat the experience. Anytime in the Fall, might also be fabulous!By the way...just before you fly over Calgary...and are near the foot-hills of the Rockies, check out the huge crescent-shaped lake just out and below your left wing...that is Banff's famous Lake Louise! Enjoy.

Guest George M

Thanks for the tip on Castlegar, and to Jeff for the additional info on it. I love approaches like that in the virtual world where the only thing at risk is my ego. Hmmm, I just may have to open my first Canadian Cargo Pilot base there.Anyone know if/where Canadian approach plates are available online?

Guest Rockcliffe

>Thanks for the tip on Castlegar, and to Jeff for the>additional info on it. I love approaches like that in the>virtual world where the only thing at risk is my ego. Hmmm, I>just may have to open my first Canadian Cargo Pilot base>there.>>Anyone know if/where Canadian approach plates are available>online?Here are some, including Castlegar and Kelownahttp://www.czvr.ca/_Pilot_Resources/_Charts/index.phpBlairCYOW

Guest George M

Excellent! Thanks for the link.

I've been flying up there lately in the Aerosoft Twin Otter. My flight plans are such that I never have to go above approx 4000-4500 ft, following the valleys. I had done a scenery makeover for the Canada portion of the Columbia River in FS9, and wanted to port it to FSX. I did that, but then wanted more and decided to get UTX Can rather than go through all the work of trying to fix up more of BC. I'm also using the FSX mesh (waiting for ver 2). I tried to stop at most every enroute strip I could find, fixing those that were misplaced (many). anyway, the flight starts in Spokane KGEG:KGEG39WA73WA63S Colville Muni. Nice place to stop for a whileCAD4CYCG Castlegar. Fun to get into this one! There was a nice addon for FS9 but none for FSX :(CAQ5CYRV Revelstoke. This one is pretty messed up in both FS9 and FSX. I had reworked the river scenery for some ways above CYRV, but no interesting airports, so started west jumping from valley to valleyCZAMCYKA Kamloops.CAZ5CBJ4CYWL Williams Lake. Another nice stop.CYQZCYXSCYJMCAM5CYYD Smithers. Nice stop.CBW4CAB5PAPGPAJN Juneau Once you get here you will be ready for a break!I see I need some Alaska scenery!Most airports are in the 1000-2000 ft elevation range.scott s..